Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best value carbon road bike in BTW scheme

Options
  • 10-02-2017 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭

as above.
    dont mind throwing extra 3/400 at it on top of 1000 BTW scheme.
    any recommendations(have checked bricks and mortar shops around galway)
    thanks
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Was in a similar position myself recently. Considered the Boardman Road Team Carbon bike through Halfords as it looks good value for money (also think you can get 10% off if you have an AXA card but don't know if that applies to BTW scheme)

Went to Eurocycles and got a great deal on a Felt F5 satin carbon bike with full Shimano 105 slightly more expensive than the Boardman but just love the look of it which I think is the most important thing when looking at bikes.

A Thread started a while back may give you an idea http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057696396/1/#post102367292

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If your employer allows online purchase some of the Dolans are very good value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Have you looked at the Scott bikes - try spokes and saddles in Loughrea as good spec for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Beasty wrote: »
    If your employer allows online purchase some of the Dolans are very good value for money

Probably end up getting the L'etape with Di2. Unbelievable value for a superb bike at £1,500, try as I may though my employer will only deal with bricks and mortar shops.

Edit - see it's north of £1,600 now. They were doing it for £1,500?in January. Gah!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Probably end up getting the L'etape with Di2. Unbelievable value for a superb bike at £1,500, try as I may though my employer will only deal with bricks and mortar shops.

Edit - see it's north of £1,600 now. They were doing it for £1,500?in January. Gah!
    I got it on Black Friday - 10% off that £1,500 price:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Trawl donedeal for shops with left over 2016 stock and if you're lucky with your size you could get a decent bargain

I got a nice 2016 cube attain gtc disc for €1400 down from €1900 at Christmas in a local bike shop , it's 105 5800 and hydraulic discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Beasty wrote: »
    I got it on Black Friday - 10% off that £1,500 price:p

Double gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

jamesd wrote: »
    I got a nice 2016 cube attain gtc disc for €1400 down from €1900 at Christmas in a local bike shop , it's 105 5800 and hydraulic discs.

Non-disc brake at a good price here ...

http://www.fitzcycles.ie/p/3084/cube-attain

Carbon 105

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

That cube is lovely. Only size 60 though.

• Advertisement

Advertisement