Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FCA2 Help.

Options
  • 10-02-2017 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Just filling out an FCA2 form for a change of address. Under the very first part where you tick if its for an amendment or a cancellation there's space to fill in PULSE application number, Person PULSE ID and Firearm Cert. no.

I don't think I got my PULSE ID with any cert. Are they all for the Guards to fill in ? Nor do I know about a PULSE application no.

Do I just fill in the firearm cert No. and the amended personal details ?

Anyone know how long it might take to get the licence reissued with the new address ? (how long is a piece of string i know).

Can I mail in the FCA2 form to the station it needs to go to or should I be looking to meet an F.O. ? Or can I just hand it into the front desk as I did with my latest renewal (with no problems) ?

Many thanks !

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Heckler wrote: »
    Are they all for the Guards to fill in ?
    Yes.
    Do I just fill in the firearm cert No. and the amended personal details ?
    Yes.
    Anyone know how long it might take to get the licence reissued with the new address ? (how long is a piece of string i know).
    After they change it on PULSE, anywhere from 3 to 8 working days.
    Can I mail in the FCA2 form to the station it needs to go to or should I be looking to meet an F.O. ?
    You can mail it, but if it's a new station/district it's no harm to show a face.
    Or can I just hand it into the front desk as I did with my latest renewal (with no problems) ?

Many thanks !
    As above, you can, but no harm to meet the FO as soon as you can. It's not vital, just good practice.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Thanks Cass.

Appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭DogfoxCork

i filled mine out in the station, but you wont get new licences posted to you, it only gets changed on the pulse system. your new licence when your renewal comes around will have the new address

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'd be getting that checked out.

I've done a change of address and within a week had a new license out with the new address on it. Same thing when you change details (serial number, calibre, etc). You're supposed to get a new license immediately with the new details on it.

If you haven't then i'd imagine it's not changed on PULSE as one generally follows the other. IOW as soon as it's changed a new license print is requested.

As it stands if you use your old license with the old address then the license is invalid as the details are not correct. Not sure o the legality of it as it's an odd one, but i'd be wanting a correct and up to date license.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement