Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just got insurance over the phone.

• 10-02-2017 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

I have just got insurance over the phone, paid for and have a policy number.

I have not received a confirmation email or anything like that, Do i have to wait until i receive my disk in the mail or am i right to start driving?

Thanks
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Dazza123 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have not received a confirmation email or anything like that, Do i have to wait until i receive my disk in the mail or am i right to start driving?

Thanks
    Darren

You are normally covered once payment is processed and you are given a policy number, where you won't be covered is if you get a ticket for non-display of a disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Where did you buy it? Royal Prince of Nigeria Insurance Trust?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Hi,

Thanks
    Darren

You would have been asked for a policy commencement date and time.
    Make sure you dont drive it before the commencement.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dazza123

You are normally covered once payment is processed and you are given a policy number, where you won't be covered is if you get a ticket for non-display of a disc.

are there any penalty points for non display of a disk? Or just fine

Donal55 wrote: »
    You would have been asked for a policy commencement date and time.
    Make sure you dont drive it before the commencement.

Commencement was today 6pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

With what company did you take out insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

There's no legal requirement for displaying insurance disc for first 10 days after commencement of the policy, so there can't be any fines for something that's not illegal.

cnoc wrote: »
    With what company did you take out insurance?

xs direct, catlin insurance

CiniO wrote: »
    There's no legal requirement for displaying insurance disc for first 10 days after commencement of the policy, so there can't be any fines for something that's not illegal.

I was more talking parking warden fine then Gardai but you'd probably get the parking fine back once you showed the time.

I was more talking parking warden fine then Gardai but you'd probably get the parking fine back once you showed the time.

Traffic wardens dont issue fines for insurance or nct. Just road tax.

• Advertisement

Ah, my mistake then!

while were on that, iv just sorted my tax wont receive disk till midweek but have printed out the confirmation after paying online..
    I dont plan parking anywhere other than the gym and work anyway and its private property

Just carry it in the car in case you are stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭darg

CiniO wrote: »

Could you post a link to the legislation stating this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

darg wrote: »
    Could you post a link to the legislation stating this ?

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1984/si/355/made/en/print
    5. (1) When a vehicle is used in a public place the insurance disc for the vehicle shall be carried on the vehicle at all times after the expiry of 10 days from the date of authentication of the certificate of insurance.

Advertisement