Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hydro 5 Blades and Razor

• 10-02-2017 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Credit to HUKD for this;

Hydro 5 shaver + 13 blades reduced from £25 to £14.99 on Wilkinson Sword website.. Free P&P as well. Free gift if your order is over £15. While stocks last.

Free Gift is a nail Clippers and you need to use Parcel Motel or similar but 13 blades and razor for approx €21 is good in my view.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

How do these compare to the likes of mach3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭daheff

gustafo wrote: »

I switched from gillette after the free razor debacle last year. I find them much better. Stay sharper longer too (imho)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

gustafo wrote: »
    According to this test (in German) they are meant to be somewhat worse, though still good. I've never used either but use other models from Wilkinson and can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Anyone manage to buy one of these?

I get to the "confirm and pay" page but have no where to put in any payment details..

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

I used to waste my money on this type of thing for a decade. Been using the lidl disposables this last yr and there's no difference. 9 cent each.

And my skin is sensitive as fook.
    Just only ever shave after having ahot shower. But that should be essential with any razor.

• Advertisement

Don't mean to rain on your deal. Relatively speaking it's a decent deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

newwan wrote: »
    I used to waste my money on this type of thing for a decade. Been using the lidl disposables this last yr and there's no difference. 9 cent each.

And my skin is sensitive as fook.
    Just only ever shave after having ahot shower. But that should be essential with any razor.
    There's one difference right there. You're saying the Lidl disposable is the same as a gilette fusion for example? If so, then you're dillusionsl, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Thanks OP, bought :)

Have to say I've had terrible experiences with all of Lidl's razors, from their cheapest disposables, to the multi-blade M3 simulacra - I think my hair is too thick for them as they pull like bejaysus .. don't have that problem with M3s, and haven't tried these yokes - it'll be the bin for them if they're anything like lidl razors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads get yourselves a DE razor and you'll be set for life. Enough of this multi blade bollixoligy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Wang Kerr

Lads get yourselves a DE razor and you'll be set for life. Enough of this multi blade bollixoligy.

Nah, DE isn't for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

+1

dodzy wrote: »
    There's one difference right there. You're saying the Lidl disposable is the same as a gilette fusion for example? If so, then you're dillusionsl, sorry.

It's better but not 20 times better. And it is 20x more.expensive.

And most everyone recommends shaving after a hot shower for the best results even with the pricey razors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

i find these good

they then get you on a subscription where they send u blades every month, or every two months or whatever u need

celtic_oz wrote: »
    i find these good

they then get you on a subscription where they send u blades every month, or every two months or whatever u need

I read the first 5 reviews. That was enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

What would you recommend?

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »

Toilet paper....lots of toilet paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »

Edwin Jagger DE89 is what I've been using since the start:

http://www.shaving.ie/products/edwin-jagger-de89-chrome.html

I've also heard that the R89 is a great starter razor:

http://www.shaving.ie/products/muhle-r89-classic-razor.html

Pair either of those razors with the following and you'll be laughing:

http://www.shaving.ie/products/50-blade-premium-selection-sampler.html

http://www.shaving.ie/products/proraso-shaving-cream.html

http://www.shaving.ie/products/omega-professional-48-shaving-brush.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

hqdefault.jpg

I'm ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

stdidit wrote: »
    Anyone manage to buy one of these?

I get to the "confirm and pay" page but have no where to put in any payment details..
    same here, did you solve this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

irishgeo wrote: »
    same here, did you solve this?

Yeah, just in case anyone else is having this problem, this is the solution :

"Because you have no saved cards on your account, you need to select 'New Card'. You can see that the new card option is currently grey, but if you click on this it will turn blue and you can then click continue.

This will take you through to a new page where you can enter your card details."

• Advertisement

"Because you have no saved cards on your account, you need to select 'New Card'. You can see that the new card option is currently grey, but if you click on this it will turn blue and you can then click continue.

This will take you through to a new page where you can enter your card details."

Make sure billing address is United Kingdom. Not United Kingdom - Northern Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Give your card details for a razor? I don't think so... Do they not take PayPal?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Give your card details for a razor? I don't think so... Do they not take PayPal?

its an online shop, not a freebie, SagePay handle the credit card authorization.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

and don't shave if you're in a hurry :D

fusion to de....back to fusion for me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

The bargain forum is a great forum, but I'll knock in with another recommendation for a double edged razor as a genuine bargain. Got one for Christmas a few years ago. It's a lovely quick shave. There's no 'zen art' to it. You stick the blade in the razor. and shave once up and once down. Save a fortune on blades.

The bargain forum is a great forum, but I'll knock in with another recommendation for a double edged razor as a genuine bargain. Got one for Christmas a few years ago. It's a lovely quick shave. There's no 'zen art' to it. You stick the blade in the razor. and shave once up and once down. Save a fortune on blades.

I'd bet any money I'd beat you in a race to a clean shave- you with a DE and me with a fusion;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Anyone got shipping notification yet on these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

Yes, In the last hour

lukeeman wrote: »
    Yes, In the last hour

Still nothing here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

pissed wrote: »
    Still nothing here.

I ordered mine on the 10th but only shipped today.
    I used Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Seriously?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I'd bet any money I'd beat you in a race to a clean shave- you with a DE and me with a fusion;)

Ah but he has more money to bet than you because he saves so much with the DE razor ;)

balls been flagged for security review.

irishgeo wrote: »
    balls been flagged for security review.

Dodgy Balls :eek:

SeaFields wrote: »
    Ah but he has more money to bet than you because he saves so much with the DE razor ;)

Not really if upfront you have to pay 30 odd for the handle. You'll start to see a saving sometime in 2020 like

• Advertisement
Advertisement