Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to pay off a credit card transaction after the current account was closed by me.

Options
  • 10-02-2017 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi Guys
    I recently closed my BOI account but didnt get a chance to close the Credit card.

I made sure there was nothing on my card before I could close it as well but unfortuntaely a small transcation occured on it. Now before I can close that BOI credit card as well I need to pay off that transcation.

How can I set it up ? What do i need in terms of an account from BOI to do that if possible so I can use an exteeranl account to pay this crdit card off.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning rom9,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

There are several options available to you to clear the remaining balance on your credit card. If you are the Principle Cardholder, you can register for Card Care today and set up any domestic Visa Debit card as a payment method and then clear your account in full.

You can also, register your Credit card details as a payee with your new bank for an online transfer. To do this you'll need the IBAN and BIC and your 16 digit credit card number which can be found on your statement.

Alternatively, you can call into any BOI branch and a representative can help. Just to mention, upon closure the Government Stamp Duty of €30 will be applied. This tax is always charged in arrears on Credit Card Accounts and the current tax year of the 1st of April 2016 to the 31st March 2017 is due.

If you have any third party direct debits or subscriptions on the credit card account please contact the relevant companies to either cancel these or provide new payment details for continence of service.

For information on how to register for Card Care please see here https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/borrow/credit-cards/card-care/features-benefits/

If you need any further help with this or anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Elaine

Advertisement