Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't apply for test RSA claims didn't do my IBT

• 11-02-2017 1:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭

Did my IBT approximately 3 months ago with ISM and when I tried to apply for a test RSA sent me an E-mail stating that I didn't do my IBT and contact my instructor which I did and he told me that all the documents have been posted. I have all my copies but I don't know if that's good enough for them, so what now as RSA says I didn't do it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Did you get the cert from the instructor? Doesn't it have a unique cert number you can give them? It's surely just an administrative error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I have the same issue but didn't use ISM. Instructor says RSA is useless.

I've been trying to resolve this for a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Had similar issue paperwork problem. You could copy your cert and email it in and tell them to go find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Heard before that it's not uncommon for the RSA to "misplace" IBT certs, or claim they were never received.

Just hassle and chase them. If you have a copy of your cert, send them a copy of that. Every cert has a unique number on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Same problem, except I was applying for A2, and apparently the test request went in as A (there's no option for A2 on the website!)

Emailed them and it was sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

M94 wrote: »
    Did my IBT approximately 3 months ago with ISM and when I tried to apply for a test RSA sent me an E-mail stating that I didn't do my IBT and contact my instructor which I did and he told me that all the documents have been posted. I have all my copies but I don't know if that's good enough for them, so what now as RSA says I didn't do it.

Your instructor can sort this for you if you get him to e-mail the RSA with your details & the details of the course completed. The ADI unit will then contact driver testing & confirm that your training is up to date.

• Site Banned Posts: 95 ✭✭EIRE forever

I had the same problem, but the cert the IBT instructor gives you, email that to them or give them the number on it to them over the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I had the same problem, not as long of a delay but there just seems to be a bit of a disconnect between IBT instructors submissions and RSA acknowledging them...

don't panic anyway as it seems a lot of others have had this issue too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Quite often I get calls regarding this issue. Most of the time they find them on thier desk and not on the system. RSA are pretty poor with getting things done unless it requires collecting money from you or I.
    As said before if your instructor has no joy email them at ibt@rsa.ie and attach a copy of your certificate.
    Good luck

Advertisement