Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 25 Matchday Thread. 3pm teams in op

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Stones 80% toward a drop, could be 4.6. Definitely going in my team for dgws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A decent result for me tonight sees me move up about 180k places this week. A nice way to ease into a two week layoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Stones 80% toward a drop, could be 4.6. Definitely going in my team for dgws.

We have been down this road before....

dahat wrote: »
    We have been down this road before....

:pac:

He may have turned a corner though, 2 clean sheets in his last 3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If Cabalero holds his spoit, Stones becomes a lot more viable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

:pac:

He may have turned a corner though, 2 clean sheets in his last 3...

Only happened since Jesus started.

If Jesus is out, stones is a no go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

siblers wrote: »
    If Cabalero holds his spoit, Stones becomes a lot more viable

Caballero is just as much off a liability as bravo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

FFFix giving me a predicted end of GW position of 557400, my highest all season. Now looking forward to seeing all the private league positions in the morning.

Will definitely take that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So there's different rules if the two players are on the same team? Glad that's been cleared up.

Yes. There are.

So much ranting and so little actually reading rules.

Both calls correct by FPL tonight IMO.

• Advertisement

Literally just came on to post this
    Made me laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up 538 places to 68.5k with 59 (-4), highest rank of the season so am pleased with how things are going right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

My 60 sees a small green arrow up to 20.4k, a season high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

50 all out, and a small red arrow drops me to 201k. Could have been worse, but Jesus' complete and total captaincy fail was very hard to stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

66(-4) up to 33k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

56 (-4) sees a small drop of 6k to 137k

That Jesus injury was the difference between a green arrow and a red one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

72. Up to 79k.

Strange feeling though... Bar Pedro I had no outstanding performance (ratio perf/ownership) in my team this week (Alli, Kane, Ibra, Phillips, Chelsea def, GK overall blanked)... but my captain Sanchez. I'll say it when it favours me but I've been saying it for years now, I think captaincy is overweighted and I feel with the amount of players now (it has doubled in 2/3 years) it's becoming worse. Every single ranking boost I got this season came after a great captain pick and vice versa.

Jesus injury broke the MNF (C) stats which was good for my team. And despite Kane uselessness I'm happy I played sensible and did not take a -4 for Lukaku this week. I may take it this week but for Crouch leaving me a better team on paper (though paper rarely rewards :pac:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

70 points, sees me up to 173k, from 257k. Very happy with that as I banked my transfer so have 2 FTs to sort out my team for next week.

Was at 390k 3 weeks ago, so very happy with 3 steady green arrows in a row. Captained Lukaku last week, and Sanchez this week. Had been getting a lot of 50-50 captaincy calls wrong during the season, so nice to get a few in a row right! Goes to show how important the captaincy call is!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

CSF wrote: »
    Not a smart strategy IMO. Those points you can pick up in the meantime are just as valuable. People are definitely guilty at times of gearing themselves up too much to deal with a blank GW or DGW.

entropi wrote: »
    This. Looking to play a slightly longer game all for the outcome of one week is not logical at all. You would be best served by trying to gain as many points as possible before GW28, to make up any shortfall that might occur due to how bad a week it'll be for many.

Sorry only saw your posts now. They're fair points but I'm looking at the likes of Sanchez and Ibra who, in all likelihood, are going to be missing two of the next three GWS. So why would I have two players that will be missing 2/3 games when I can bring in someone that will be playing 3 for 3. ie Lukaku and Siggy. I plan to Wild Card for GW29, which will bring them back in.

That's why I'm playing the long game. Maybe I didn't clarify my plans in my original post.

3rd small red in a row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

70 and up to 180k

Nice to see a green arrow for a change after sliding down last few weeks.

Praying it stays the same for the next GW, big decisions to be made!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Long time I haven't posted in here. 66 pts bring me up to 290k. Was around 800k 6 GWs ago. Still my WC, BB & TC to play so there's hope for a strong finish after a miserable season so far. I'd have to play it better than my first WC though (brought me from 58k down to 1.253m in 9 consecutive red arrows).

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

Whats the story with players with no game this weekend? will they have a double week coming up or no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

59(-4)

Small green up to 85k.

Jesus(c) going off yesterday was the lowest point of my season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

70 and up to just outside 25k
    That's my highest OR of the season.
    All down to the 16pts from BB really (and my defence) as I've averaged a base score of 4pts from
    my captain the past 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

56 and a modest 4k rise to 80k

I'm not happy with how my winter period has gone, AGAIN. Yet 3 green arrows in a row is hopefully the start of phase 3 of the master plan.....

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

zzfh wrote: »
    Whats the story with players with no game this weekend? will they have a double week coming up or no?

Yes but likely not until weeks 34 and 37.
    There will also be a lot of teams with blanks in Week 28 (clash with 1/4F FA Cup)
    You need to strategize around it, to have as many players as feasible in the partial weeks whilst also having a plan to have lots for the double weeks later on, without taking too many hits. Crucial part of the game.

Advertisement