Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Engine oil Total ACEA C3 5L €22 with code at Micksgarage.com

• 11-02-2017 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

https://www.micksgarage.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=6595615

This oil for a lot of BMW and VW, MB, Hyundai, KIA. Use the code from Facebook FBAC10 for an additional 10% off. Pretty good value for a C3 oil.

You may find it easier to put your reg number into the website to get just 5L as opposed to 3 a pack bundle. Free delivery over €50.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Usually at that price so for me its not a deal sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

devil-80 wrote: »
    Usually at that price so for me its not a deal sorry.

I know something you don't know

Na

Na

Nanana

Or alternatively....

would you like to reveal to the rest of us how to avail of this permanent bargain?

Rather than just being negative about somebody elses effort of posting what they genuinely believed was a helpful bargain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What's peoples opinion of it as an oil..Compared eg to castrol ?

I'd have no problem running it in a car that required BMW LL04 spec oil. Pretty sure there is a 5litre of this in my shed already. I'd be availing of this only I have ato leat a years worth of 5w30 already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

I've stopped getting too hung up on brands.... if it is a global brand and it meets the spec then I'll use it. My logic is that of the cars I've had or known that have reached end of life it has never been down to the brand of engine oil... always something else kills them off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Im not trying to be negative but just saying what im thinking about that bargain. If you check the micksgarage website regulary you shuld know that they have offers very often and from time to time offer 15% discount code.
    EOT
    I know something you don't know

Na

Na

Nanana

Or alternatively....

would you like to reveal to the rest of us how to avail of this permanent bargain?

Rather than just being negative about somebody elses effort of posting what they genuinely believed was a helpful bargain?

devil-80 wrote: »
    Im not trying to be negative but just saying what im thinking about that bargain. If you check the micksgarage website regulary you shuld know that they have offers very often and from time to time offer 15% discount code.
    EOT

Where are you getting total 5w30 LL04 spec for this price usually? Don't dodge the question.

Even for MG this is a good deal.

A bargain. Worthy of an alert even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Where are you getting total 5w30 LL04 spec for this price usually? Don't dodge the question.

Even for MG this is a good deal.

A bargain. Worthy of an alert even.

I'm guessing devil-80 buys his oil at a bricks and mortar motor factors that do not have an online shop and hence is unable to provide a link. Still though after the comment I feel that he should reveal where he is sourcing notwithstanding that it'll only be relevant to punters in his neck of the woods.

I find that motor factors generally beat even Micksgarage special offer prices all other things being equal - having said that I would only generally be buying consumables such as oil/ filters/ spark plugs/ ignition coils etc. from motor factors - wouldn't be buying a vast range of products.

My custom would be with motor factors around Limerick city and can post the name of a few I deal with in a heartbeat if anyone requires. I'm sure there are competitive providers in Dublin/ Sligo/ Galway/ Cork/ Wexford/ Port Laois etc too thoughwink.png

I gave up dealing with a lot of them in limerick, fine if you have a focus or a passat but there isn't the demand for them to have some of the stuff I was looking for. Limerick brakes are good for oil and other stuff though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

I use this oil all the time, never had any engine problems and been using it for 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I gave up dealing with a lot of them in limerick, fine if you have a focus or a passat but there isn't the demand for them to have some of the stuff I was looking for. Limerick brakes are good for oil and other stuff though.

Your driving a model that wasn't a big seller in this country I'm guessing. I tend to deal with Fota Motor factors across from the NCT centre. Found them very reasonable, helpful and friendly.

I needed shocks once for an Avensis and they offered me two prices, one of the shelf and one which was substantially cheaper and substantially cheaper than other factors all if I waited on the next shipment in from Poland, which I did. It was a couple of weeks and I was in a position where I could wait.... I appreciate most of the time one wouldn't have that luxury though.

I drive a bread and butter Corolla so life isin't as tough for me as it is for you in that regard Special Circumstances. Would it not be the same scenario if you went to other motor factors outside of Limerick though?

Advertisement