Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butcher selling rabbit?

Options
  • 11-02-2017 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

Can anyone point me in the direction of a butcher who sells rabbit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭looksee

• Registered Users Posts: 29,386 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

looksee wrote:
    Try

I'd say Jason should be able to help you out alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Not a butcher's but Ardkeen Stores sometimes stock it, I think it was SuperValu Kilbarry that had rabbit when I was in there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Michael Dunphy's Lisduggan shopping center.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Poor owl bugs bunny lol

Never heard of rabbits being used for meat though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Rabbits were often used for food until the 1950s when they got out of hand in Australia (they had been taken there for food but they bred till they were eating all the grassland) and myxomatosis was introduced (its a viral disease) to control them, it spread around the world including UK and Ireland. It was a pretty disgusting disease and there was a lot of public revulsion to it; many people stopped eating rabbit.

Rabbits are not native to Ireland, they were brought from Europe - for food - by the Normans in the 12th century.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Poor owl bugs bunny lol

Never heard of rabbits being used for meat though

Ive had rabbit before - delicious. Best meal I ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ive had rabbit before - delicious. Best meal I ever had.

Very similar to chicken I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

A lot of rabbit was caught in Ireland and sent across the Irish Sea to feed the British population during rationing around WWII time.

You'll see it in places like Belgium, France and Germany. Things like rabbit stew. Which is delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Billy Burke on Ballybricke is a fishmonger but he also sells poultry and game. If they don't have it in stock they will get it for you with no hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Wouldn't sell in waterford, too many steak hungry cavemen with no imagination around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Wouldn't sell in waterford, too many steak hungry cavemen with no imagination around

Kill yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Toxoplasmosis is what alot of them have.

Advertisement