Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics Archive

Options
  • 11-02-2017 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Taltos wrote:
    Update on Politics (Archive)
    All but 20 or 30 threads were moved to the new forum, all that remains now is the old structure with the forum names as well as previously redirected markers from threads moved to other forums. So in terms of the big loss, there is no loss, threads were moved to the new Politics.
    I can't see any of these threads though? If you do 'find all posts' on a username and look back far enough, the only posts that show are the 'Discussion on the Rules' thread - so just about everything is missing.

If everything is all there, it doesn't seem to be searchable.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I'll restore it for a day tomorrow morning to show in the politics forum. Maybe you'll see something I don't.

Cheers.

Ok, restored now.

And I think I see what you mean... the threads in the top level forum, not the sub forum. Good catch.
    I'll check with the mods what they want to do with these threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭KyussBeeshop

Ya that seems to have made it all visible again now - all of the posts in the archive were not viewable at all, whether logged in or logged out, until you restored it there - and they should all be kept around really, so that they are indexable by Google and in general, searchable - so ya, I guess see where the mods want all of that placed, while still keeping it all in public view.

I moved them originally to keep the structure clear thinking all posts had been moved over, but as above I missed the top level forum.
    After chatting to some of the mods they like you are keen to keep these threads so I'll attempt to do a mass move tomorrow and then in a few days I'll remove the then empty archives (pending confirmation they're empty). Again good catch

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭KyussBeeshop

No worries, thanks for fixing that up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The threads that were open have been moved over. The closed ones are being moved now.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

And done. Can someone please review and let me know if its OK now?

Advertisement