Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Portafilter for Gaggia Classic

• 11-02-2017 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭

The plastic handle broke on my classic's original portafilter and while removing the bolt to replace the plastic handle, I managed to shear the bolt. So.. Anyone have any suggestions on where to pick up a replacement portafilter that won't cost me a small fortune? I already have a bottomless filter which will keep me going until I get a replacement, but two other members of the household also use the Gaggia and don't fully appreciate the finer points of honing their tamping techniques and the results (including my own) can be pretty messy.

Looking at between €50 and €70 for genuine parts (paid €100 for the classic), so just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where I might pick one up locally or online? Would definitely consider non-OEM if there were a suitable replacement. Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement