Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Game Changers - Mamanuca Islands (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Pretty average premiere,very disappointed that Tony has been voted out so early if only for the entertainment value.He was definitely one of my favourite players.From the get go it appeared as though he was on a kamikaze like suicide mission playing a ridiculously hyper induced hard game.The underground hut would have been hilarious.I was sorry he lost out to Sandra who I dislike greatly.No great tears with the departure of Ciera whom I've always found it very hard to warm to.

Ozzy's team are likely to continue to enjoy a significant headstart/advantage in water based challenges although they've a tendency to nearly blow same.A number of the players seem to have learned from previous mistakes and be playing a more grounded game.

Love the Immunity Idol,ditto the new rule around a tie at tribal which negates the power of splitting the vote.It will require a much more clever thought process with greater inherent risks.

Sierra who I can't recall at all and Andrea are welcome additions to their tribe!:)

The season thus far has a distinct lack of menace and is far too nicey nice.:D Step forth a villianous character to make it a tad more interesting.The music is disappointing,lacks real tempo and menace,most especially at tribal council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Poor sportmanship from Sandra during Tony's exit, can't see her lasting long.

Substantive confessionals from Sarah, Sierra, and Brad and a lot of focus on Cirie, hope she does well.

Very glad Ciera's gone, I found her gameplay to be distasteful, went beyond the game.

Pre-game alliances will likely figure massively this season, this should be avoided in future returnee seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That opener didn't click with me at all but I say that every year so Ill reserve judgement. Next weeks promo looked very interesting anyway.

Too many of those faces are still way too familiar to me though, feel like I just watched them and am a bit bored of some of them already. WTF is Zeke doing there? He's not a gamechanger in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm more than happy with the cast. They ain't all game changers but it seems like a decent balance.

Feels like it's a season for some under the radar contestant to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aphex_

Really enjoyed seeing Sandra and Tony going up against each other - Tony arguably deserving his boot due to causing the controversy with his paranoia. Can't see Sandra making the merge, although playing a bigger game might help her this season?

I think what Sarah said about people needing to make flashy moves due to the seasons title is true - and she'll benefit from being that silent assassin. She could be a potential winner, although it's hard to say with how little of that tribe we got to see. Also, looks like JT will have his work cut out next week judging from the preview of next weeks swap! Wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 winners going out pre-merge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

seligehgit wrote: »
    Love the Immunity Idol,ditto the new rule around a tie at tribal which negates the power of splitting the vote.It will require a much more clever thought process with greater inherent risks.

Not totally sure that it will end up helping the game. Some of the best blindsides come when people split the vote and it gets turned. It can help immunity idol play but may lead to more lopsided votes

Agree but I hate drawing rocks, why not make it a firestarting challenge? There's nothing more tense on Survivor...

I think drawing rocks is pretty damn intense in itself.

I'm not sure if the rule change is going to add to the game but I kind of understand where they're coming from. The revote acts as a safety net for the vote split strategy and they want to remove that. The problem as others have mentioned is that false sense of security often leads to some very interesting blindsides that simply would not be possible without this rule. I guess it will lead to the stronger targeting of those who don't appear to have an idol.

I'll tell you what is a sh*te recent addition? The legacy advantage!!!

17 years ago today:

59dv1pn267ly.jpg

I was only 13 or 14 :eek:

Cant think of anything else besides the Late Late Show that Ive been watching all my life like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Hatch :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Another great episode although I didn't find the 2 tribes switching to 3 to be too much of a surprise!!

I think nowadays it's pretty hard to surprise people (only surprise for me was the voting rule).

Glad to see idols are being hidden at challenges again, makes it super hard to get them, also I'm guessing if someone else was to spot it and take it it's fair game?

Glad they let the goats go! Not surprised Caleb went over Hali although they should focus on strength until the merge at least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aphex_

I enjoyed that episode! Glad Caleb is gone - he was doomed from the minute he was put on a tribe with Tai while also being in the minority! Not too happy about Cirie being stuck on a tribe with Ozzy once again... Hopefully they won't have to target each other if Troyzan keeps his idol quiet - or at the very least hides it from Ozzy! How awkward was Troyzan getting the idol and pretending to be exhausted after doing a horrible job at untying a few knots?

Great episode for Brad I feel - played his part in turning Tai perfectly and looks to be in a really good position no matter how the next few tribal's go as him and Sierra can really choose which direction they want to go in. 2 tribal's next week will certainly be interesting, but with 3 tribes with one person supposedly on the bottom we'll need idols for it not to be predictable!

kingtut wrote: »
    Another great episode although I didn't find the 2 tribes switching to 3 to be too much of a surprise!!

I think nowadays it's pretty hard to surprise people (only surprise for me was the voting rule).

Glad to see idols are being hidden at challenges again, makes it super hard to get them, also I'm guessing if someone else was to spot it and take it it's fair game?

Glad they let the goats go! Not surprised Caleb went over Hali although they should focus on strength until the merge at least!!

Yip I would imagine it's fair game if the HII is spotted by other tribe members.Troyzan was anything but smooth in his execution of the move to attain the HII.The concept of the HII at the challenges and heightened reward/risk scenario continues to be beneficial to the viewers tension.

Delighted they let the goats go,as a fully paid up member of the carnivore community there is no rationale for my sharing their sentiments re the release of the goats.Except leaving either party motherless or minus a baby.There's four tasty hens for consumption.

My loathing for Sandra knows no bounds,I'm really hoping her other tribe members grow a pair and wrestle control of the tribe from her grasp.

Brad did impress again.Sorry to see Caleb go as he appears a very decent guy but totally understand how big a threat he potentially was.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's a shame Caleb went so soon, but despite being a challenge beast and likeable guy he's never going to be a good strategic player (you just have to watch his season of Big Brother to realise that), so his days were probably numbered anyway.

I recall Troyzan being one of my favourites in his original season (granted that was one of the worst ever seasons of Survivor), so I'm glad he got that idol and at least has a chance now...

Caleb came across really well in the first episode so I was surprised to see him go.

I do like the 3 tribe structure but the swap always seems to be very harsh on an unlucky few.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'd prefer if they didn't reveal those who have found an idol - maybe except for the ones found at challenges. It would add to the tension for the viewer if we didnt know

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

omg. tonight survivor. what a great ending. I honestly did not know who was going to go. Not a big fan of Sandra this year. She was fairly confident she was not going home. I am going for Brad Colepepper. JT seemed annoyed the voted for Malcolm but it was the right move even though I would of loving if Sandra left. Also I thought the editing did not make it obvious who was going home .normally it does.

That was a damn entertaining Tribal Council. As twists go, having two tribes vote out one castaway, is a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a great Game Changer Tribal Council.

I still can't believe no one is going to vote out the two time winner.

That was fun. Looked like Haili got to call the shot in exchange for her vote. Can see why she's eager to vote out the physical threat.

Brad is getting a very good edit and I'm not sure if JT blew up his game or is now going deep.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    That was fun. Looked like Haili got to call the shot in exchange for her vote. Can see why she's eager to vote out the physical threat.

Brad is getting a very good edit and I'm not sure if JT blew up his game or is now going deep.

JT is proverbially up the creek without a paddle.Defintely conspired with Culcupper by dropping Sierra's name in it,second guessed the tribe would have a HII.Master plan went bust when the original plan by Culpepper to vote en masse for Sandra was sabotaged by Haili,hence his buddy Malcolm was the fall guy.

JT's only means of survival is if his tribe stay out of tribal until the merge.Real shame the loss of a top player like Malcolm so early,especially when lightweights like Haili stay in the game and get to influence the votes so decisively.What on earth has a dislikeable 2 time winner got to do to get the votes?

Loved the novelty of 2 tribes going to one tribal council.Nice think outside the box.

Culpepper was seriously impressive this week,building on an already strong start.Excellent in the challenges and kingmaker at tribal.He has improved the social and strategic aspects of his game beyond recognition.None of his previous arrogance.

Great news,Survivor has been renewed for a 35th season this fall.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Great news,Survivor has been renewed for a 35th season this fall.

...and a 36th for next Spring

Malcolm is pretty peeved off with his ally JT,interesting take on the epic tribal council.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/news/1006846/malcolm-calls-out-jt-for-what-he-deems-the-stupidest-move-in-survivor-history-/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not one person spelled Malcolm's name correctly. :)

I think that was my favourite TC ever (and I've seen every single one).

This is a brilliant season so far - if they keep up this quality, it'll go down in history as one of the all time greats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

Mr E, I noticed the spelling too! i think Debbie got it right but hers wasn't read out at TC.
    Was gutted for Malcolm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Feedback on episode 3:

Great episode with a crazy tribal! Love how it was two tribes voting for 1 person. Wasn't expecting Malcolm to go at all! Why on earth did JT tell them they were voting Sierra?

Feedback on episode 4:

Didn't like this episode all that much as it was 99% debbie moaning!! Sandra eating the last of the rice was very clever and it worked to take the target off of her!!

What a stupid move by JT at tribal council! He knew how close he was to going but didn't bring his idol! 100% idiot so I don't feel sorry for him. He is not a new player by any means!! Suppose he admits his mistakes in his post-tribal confessional!!.

Wonder if next week is the merge or just going back to two tribes. Also I see exile is back! Loving the twists, certainly keeping them on their toes!

Oh and for anyone curious the finale is on May 24th (confirmed by CBS)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What kind if eejit doesn't bring an Idol to tribal council when you know your the odd one out you deserve to be voted out for that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They played him like a fiddle...even at Tribal. Props to Michaela. I didn't think she could act that well...but she did.

He should have brought it and played it anyway even if he felt that comfortable. This isn't like old seasons of survivor where saving an idol is the way to go. These days, you get them and you play them because of all the swaps, twists, etc. you cant count on anything. Get an idol? Play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I'm disappointed about the lack of airtime some players are getting, mainly Cirie. When I heard she was coming back, I was delighted as she didn't have much of a chance in Heroes Vs. Villains (4th out) due to being idoled by Tom for no apparent reason. She's hasn't gone to Tribal Council yet but I still find it a bit weird that she's being given an almost silent edit so far. Also disappointed about Aubry's edit. I like her style of non-flashy gameplay but she has barely been mentioned.

Is next week the merge? I wonder what Survivor is gonna come back (presumably to give advice?)- it better not be Boston Rob or Rupert. I would only accept Richard Hatch.

Advertisement