Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Game Changers - Mamanuca Islands (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah Aubrey is being massively overlooked which just makes me think she won't be in the game for much longer. Shame as I still really like her.

I'd say next week will result in going back to 2 tribes for a week or two then onto the merge.

No idea who is coming back first I heard of this twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

kaji wrote: »

Is next week the merge? I wonder what Survivor is gonna come back (presumably to give advice?)- it better not be Boston Rob or Rupert. I would only accept Richard Hatch.

I'd say it will go back to 2 tribes and not be a merge.

Also I know who is returning, well 99.99999% sure based on some of my sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why would anyone return? The tribe has spoken now p1ss off. I really didnt like that when I saw it in the preview. I hope its Tony if someone is coming back but still, thats not how Survivor is meant to be played...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I think the former player who visits will either be Colby (next host of survivor), Parvati (ditto) or Jeremy (winner of returnee season).

Such a surprise with 'exile' island lol! At least Debbie got to feast! I wonder will she tell anyone about it? Perhaps she will volunteer for future trips there just to gobble down all the food however it's never good being on your own!!

Can't believe Cochstain, sorry Cochran returned! He was fcuk all use to someone like Debbie and was an awful winner. Not surprised Debbie picked the extra vote, the other options did not guarantee her of anything!!

So surprised Tai didn't play an idol at tribal! I was so certain he was gone after all the scrambling although I'm delighted that Sandra is finally gone. In fairness she took it well and for now at least she is the only 2 time winner.

Wonder what drama will unfold next week .........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

Colby going to be the next host?serious ?

Tonight's episode...cochrane and herself was just painful to watch.

I thought Tai was a gonner too. you think it was an act?

noveltea wrote: »
    Colby going to be the next host?serious ?

Tonight's episode...cochrane and herself was just painful to watch.

I thought Tai was a gonner too. you think it was an act?

I read somewhere alright that he was going to host but I don't see it happening, don't think Jeff is going anywhere anytime soon!

Of all the people to bring back for advice!!! So many better strategists that they could have brought back although it probably didn't help that it was Debbie who got landed with him lol. I'll have to ask her was it as awkward a confrontation as it seemed on tv (she has been responding to all my messages which is nice of her).

Tai thing really surprised me, don't think it was an act it was probably just edited to make us think he was in the hot seat. Remember we don't see everything. Love to see a tribal from start to finish sometime!

Think Debbie will be able to find a place within the tribe?

I recently asked Debbie about her anger towards Brad (2nd last episode) and she said:

"Well brad is a good guy and I regret letting the all the slights and insults sent my way get to me; it is really tough out there. Still I should have kept my cool..."

I also asked her how much of what she sees in each episode is new to her or do they all tell each other what goes on when the show airs and she said:

"We talk a lot; a complain about the edits a lot!! Thank you. The meanies out there are just jealous and miserable people who don't get that cbs wants DRAMA and may induce it"

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tai could win the whole damm thing I think he learned a lot from his last time on the Island and now with the Idols and game play he has the upper hand right now and he is just so likable that it would be hard for anyone to vote against him if he makes it to the end.

The right person went this week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

kingtut wrote: »
    Such a surprise with 'exile' island lol! At least Debbie got to feast! I wonder will she tell anyone about it? Perhaps she will volunteer for future trips there just to gobble down all the food however it's never good being on your own!!

Can't believe Cochstain, sorry Cochran returned! He was fcuk all use to someone like Debbie and was an awful winner. Not surprised Debbie picked the extra vote, the other options did not guarantee her of anything!!

So surprised Tai didn't play an idol at tribal! I was so certain he was gone after all the scrambling although I'm delighted that Sandra is finally gone. In fairness she took it well and for now at least she is the only 2 time winner.

Wonder what drama will unfold next week .........

I found another switch up a tad tiresome in spite of it's remit to introduce the cruel fate that is exile island.:pac: Nice twist,I think we're all agreed the return of the totally over rated former winner...one Mr. John Cochran was cringeworthy.So many superior winners and strategic players.

Debbie's adoration at his altar was embarrassing in the extreme.Good call me thinks re the extra vote.She should keep stum re the hardships of exile island.:)

Obvious other benefit of the switch up was the demise of the wicked witch,even she could'nt get herself out of that corner.Well played by all at tribal council,I was sure Tai was going to play one of his HIIs as his alliance appeared ready to throw all their votes his way.

Tai is playing a wonderful game,pretty sure the edit is masking his knowledge of the Sandra stitch up,wonderful lateral thinking leading to the second HII.

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    I read somewhere alright that he was going to host but I don't see it happening, don't think Jeff is going anywhere anytime soon!

Of all the people to bring back for advice!!! So many better strategists that they could have brought back although it probably didn't help that it was Debbie who got landed with him lol. I'll have to ask her was it as awkward a confrontation as it seemed on tv (she has been responding to all my messages which is nice of her).

Tai thing really surprised me, don't think it was an act it was probably just edited to make us think he was in the hot seat. Remember we don't see everything. Love to see a tribal from start to finish sometime!

Think Debbie will be able to find a place within the tribe?

Hopefully not.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Am I the only one who was hoping Tai was gonna get voted out with 2 idols in his pocket.

For the first time in her 3 seasons I was actually starting to like Sandra...

Am I the only one who was hoping Tai was gonna get voted out with 2 idols in his pocket.

For the first time in her 3 seasons I was actually starting to like Sandra...

I think you're in a majority of one :D Nobody could be that cruel,delighted Sandra finally got the boot.

Wow, I seem to be on very different pages compared to everyone else.

Sad to see Sandra go as a result of a tribe reshuffle, never a nice way to go.

I've no problem with cochran, never understood the hate.

Don't think Tai has any chance of winning this game even with two idols. Talk of how he's such a nice guy and will get votes at a FTC. Didn't happen in his original season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I like Sandra, she's always been a smart player..and yep I hoped Tai would go home with two idols in his pocket. The whole 'he's a nice guy' thing is annoying, he's completely clueless when it comes to strategy. Debbie grates on me no end. Hopefully she goes soon.

This is brilliant :D (don't watch if you haven't seen the latest episode) - it's safe for work :)

https://vimeo.com/212176141

Also in relation to who Debbie met she said "the meeting with
    Cochran
    was NOT a awkward at - I believe I'm getting a unreal edit again!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:rolleyes:

pfff Debbie and her "edits".

There is no edit out there that could make her look good. She is a textbook narcissist. Debbie lives in Debbie land and is just so full of her own self importance it's sickening. She comes a very close second to Abi Maria as the least likeable survivor ever in my eyes. Her flip out in the previous episode showed everyone exactly what a lunatic she is. She put herself forward for the balance beam, absolutely tanked it, and didnt even have the humility to admit it......she just blew up at Brad. It was completely ridiculous. Not even mentioning her behaviour at the following challenge, "Notice how I'm the first one over?!?" and all that carry on.

Honestly kingtut, I think you let your delight that the contestents respond to you cloud your judgement here. Do you honestly think she is a good player? Or even not a sociopath?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I agree about Debbie, she seems psychotic. It's not fun to watch her. Why did they choose her to return? There were so many other contestants they could have asked to return. Shame about Sandra being screwed by another twist, there wasn't much she could do really. I'd like to see her play again in a season without all these unnecessary twists. I still think it's so odd that we haven't seen barely anything of Cirie since the show started. Surely she is one of the biggest returnees, star power-wise.

Are we 100% sure that Debbie was talking nonsense regarding her immunity challenges performance compared to Halis that time or could it have been the editing?

If it's the former then thats ridiculous!!!

Kirby wrote: »

Honestly kingtut, I think you let your delight that the contestents respond to you cloud your judgement here. Do you honestly think she is a good player? Or even not a sociopath?

Nope my judgement is not clouded at all. She is a complete and utter lunatic (makes for great tv though). Her replying to me will never change that :D

• Advertisement

Wow, Dick Move Varner - lost any respect I ever had for him. That was so wrong on every level.

Zeke was my favourite player last season, I'm so glad he's back this season, and I'm glad we got to know Zeke as Zeke like he wanted us to and not just as the "Trans Survivor", but if anything I like him even more now and have so much respect for him for how he handled that.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

I was just gobsmacked. So not his place to do that. Don't think Johnny fairplay would stoop that low. You could see he regretted it and if he did not say a thing he would of making the merge. But what a dick of a move

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was an emotional tribal and what a nasty thing to do.

Holy fcuk! fcuk Jeff Varner!! What a nasty piece of work!

One thing I am curious about is if he had an idol surely he could have just played it and then got Ozzy out? I know he would have been stupid to but just curious. Seems like he was capable of anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

its very coincifdental that the word was metamorphisis
    i wonder did varner hint earlier on that he was gonna out Zeke and they made a thing about it

Zeke wrote an essay for The Hollywood Reporter about being outed, which is well worth reading...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-zeke-smith-outed-as-transgender-guest-column-991514

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Was rather low by Varner, good to see the reactions though. I actually half thought they'd vote Zeke out after his excellent speech. Strategically, it would have made a lot of sense even if it'd have made them be monsters.

I can't recall a nastier event occurring on Survivor.A real low point,so sad.Totally deflating and took away from any intrigue normally associated with the vote.I never thought Varner had demonstrated such a dark side to his personality previously.

Sarah was right to call him out on it,he really only regretted it after he realised the scale of the public outing he was responsible for.Zeke went way up in my estimation,so dignified.He'd put Varner in the loop re his likely vote out out of decency and as a result was painted as playing the two sides by Varner and the girls.

As a gay man you have expected better from Varner,I imagine the backlash from the LBGT community will be immense.Associating a wish to keep aspects of one's private life secret with a deceitful character trait.How low can one go?

Wow.

Id seen Zeke mentioned on Twitter and Google News a lot before looking away during the week so I thought it was Zeke that was going and that Id spoiled it for myself...

I usually cringe at this kind of thing but I was getting a bit emotional there, nearly choked on my drink when he blurted that out! Most spectacular suicide in Survivor history. Although part of me thought Jeff kind of rushed them into a vote? There could have been a plan in motion..

He genuinely seemed to regret it in the outro though, feel a bit sorry for him especially if he's part of that scene, I think he said he was some kind of advocate for LGBT rights, awkward.

• Advertisement

Ooof, fired from his job:

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/65di0k/varner_fired_from_his_job/

It made mainstream news:

Advertisement