Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Game Changers - Mamanuca Islands (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I forgot about the reward challenge! What was the point of having a big race at the start and then expect them to unscramble a really difficult sentence. It should have just been the word 'reinvention' rather than a full sentence. Bad challenge planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

GreNoLi wrote: »
    2 tribes, no mix up before merge, no idols, final 2, go back to basics, I can't keep track of all these advantages.

I wish both alliances would vote out the floater Sarah, hardly happens anymore.

Not digging the hate for the season myself,Sarah the floater is getting quite a strong edit,it could be pointing in a certain direction.

Michaela's crocodile tears at Zeke's vote out were hilarious considering she put his name down.It was a wise move,no better man for playing both(multiple) sides.

But does Sarah's edit seem too obvious to be the winner? I mean they have to give her screentime because she has been the swing vote for a couple of votes now. They have no choice but to air that. I still think it's a Cirie win or Aubry win.

kaji wrote: »
    But does Sarah's edit seem too obvious to be the winner? I mean they have to give her screentime because she has been the swing vote for a couple of votes now. They have no choice but to air that. I still think it's a Cirie win or Aubry win.

Aubry is real dark horse,very savvy player.Can't see Cirie winning,I don't think she's done a whole lot of note outside finishing that cringe worthy challenge.Valid point re Sarah.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Andrea still seems like the fav to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Worried for Andrea, would love to see her go deep though as I've always been a fan.

I think the edit is getting on my nerves as opposed to the cast. Last episodes vote seemed like a really smart move by either Cirie/Andrea/Aubrey but we didn't get to see the mechanics behind it. Instead we get continuous confessionals about how people want to make a 'game changing' move. We see Michaela burst into tears yet we've barely seen her interact with Zeke in over two seasons.

Survivor New Zeland also started over that weekend so that could add to my Survivor fatigue.

Are the non-American versions any use?

Both the Australian and New Zealand versions are very similar and worth checking out. Unfortunately antipodean reality TV tends to rely on over long seasons to help offset production costs.

This New Zealand iteration definitely seems the least polished of them all but I'll give it a go for a few weeks and see how it pans out. It's not the easiest to view though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I tried to watch the most recent Australian series and had to turn it off out of pure boredom, 6 or 7 episodes in I was still wondering who any of them were. Id pay money to see an Irish Survivor though, I think that would be amazing, same for a British one.

Thargor wrote: »
    I tried to watch the most recent Australian series and had to turn it off out of pure boredom, 6 or 7 episodes in I was still wondering who any of them were. Id pay money to see an Irish Survivor though, I think that would be amazing, same for a British one.

Remember treasure island back in the day!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah it was brilliant, very shoddy production values.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Thargor wrote: »

There was a UK version, ran for a couple of seasons on ITV. It's on youtube.

Just watched the new episode- I hate family visits, you'd swear they were out there for months on end with all the crying. Sierra made a bad move telling Sarah about her legacy advantage. I still don't get why Troyzan or Tai don't use their THREE (!!!) idols to get the numbers back on their side. It's weird.

Also weird that Cirie wasn't given any airtime in strategising before the vote when she's the biggest strategist out there, seems like odd editing. I hope Sarah will go soon, dislike her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Sarah will have deserved the win, had to fast forward past loved ones visit, thought Sierra would go further, meh season overall.

Well the edit is certainly doing its best to make us think she's a deserved winner. It just doesn't seem that compelling which is why I'm slightly indifferent towards the season.

Two fatal errors by Sierra,blabbering to Sarah about the legacy advantage and betraying Tai and Michelle in putting Andrea's name in the frame.

Sarah was very clever in deploying the reveal re the whole legacy advantage to dear Michelle,the loyal pet dropped in to line and voted as expected.

Really thought Sierra,Michelle and Tai could have shoke the game up.Looking like Sarah but not getting the love.Perhaps Andrea or Aubry can upset the odds.

As mentioned why on earth are those on the outs not starting to strategically make use of their HIIs?

Delighted we didn't have to tolerate ten minutes of stomach curdling loved ones time,no offence but I've had my quota of same over the years.

Give us an auction or food eating contest,both long overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

seligehgit wrote: »
    Delighted we didn't have to tolerate ten minutes of stomach curdling loved ones time,no offence but I've had my quota of same over the years.

Give us an auction or food eating contest,both long overdue.

Been watching survivor for years and was just commenting last night that they have stopped those kind of challenges - they were the best bits!

The auction is broken in it's current format so Production would have to make it very clear that they're resetting the whole thing should they bring it back.

They would have to make it very clear that there would be no 'advantage' to bid for during the auction.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Just set it up so the "advantage" looks like a mystery dinner

That gets unveiled once it's purchased?

This happened recently in another version of Survivor and the winner was mega pissed because it but a big target on their back. Rightfully so imo.

I think they should just scrap the whole advantage thing and reset it back to the basic challenge that everyone loved to begin with.

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    Been watching survivor for years and was just commenting last night that they have stopped those kind of challenges - they were the best bits!

We've been watching a few older seasons lately and the challenges were far more inventive in those days. It's seriously formulaic now with the team challenges being obstacle course + puzzle every time and the individual ones being hold something for as long as you can every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Two fatal errors by Sierra,blabbering to Sarah about the legacy advantage and betraying Tai and Michelle in putting Andrea's name in the frame.

Sarah was very clever in deploying the reveal re the whole legacy advantage to dear Michelle,the loyal pet dropped in to line and voted as expected.

Really thought Sierra,Michelle and Tai could have shoke the game up.Looking like Sarah but not getting the love.Perhaps Andrea or Aubry can upset the odds.

As mentioned why on earth are those on the outs not starting to strategically make use of their HIIs?

Sierra made so many poor decisions this season that it was only a matter of time before they caught up to her.

Have no idea what they guys are doing with the idols but it means we're likely going to get a few interesting tribals when they start getting played one after the other

I was all for Michaela et al to pull a fast one at tribal until Sierra told Sarah they were going to blindside Amanda - I felt that sort of stupidity deserved to be punished. Crazy decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Always read the rules. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That tribal was nuts. Okay, so I'm thinking Cirie was sure that tai would play his idol and that altered her vote at the last minute......but look at how the votes went down.

Cirie voted for Aubry, Michaela voted for Tai, Sarah voted for Michaela. How in gods name did that happen? I've thought about this for a good ten minutes and I'm not sure how they screwed that one up.

Ciries plan simply seemed too ambitious.

She wanted to steal Sarah's vote and along with Aubrey and Michaella vote out Tai. They believed this was in Sarah's best interests. The only problem was that Tai could play an idol. So she told Tai that she'd be stealing a vote at tribal to save him and he shouldn't freak out and play the idol. The plan went to ****e and Cirie and Sarah changed their vote with Sarah getting the backing of the guys and used her advantage just to get rid of it.

That seems like an absurd plan, so absurd that I'm not sure if the edit is leaving something out. Or else its a massive blunder by Cirie and Sarah and Brad are going to drag her to the final 3 with Sarah being the obvious winner.

Edit: one thing the edit left out was Sarah waited until just before the tribal to hand over the advantage. easier to understand why she didn't read it thoroughly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

But Cirie ended up voting for Aubry....it was just mental tbh. It all made so little sense.

TBH I think Cirie was gunning for Sarah,she's a slippery one!:D Her plan to steal Sarah's vote backfired spectacularly,epic.She thought Tai would play one of his HIIs and Sarah would get the votes.

Weird one how the votes fell,I thought Aubry or possibly Cirie would be voted out.Seeming chaos in the voting,Sarah and Cirie voted differently.Bizarre vote for Michaela.

It's Sarah's to lose on.

TBH I think Cirie was gunning for Sarah,she's a slippery one!:D Her plan to steal Sarah's vote backfired spectacularly,epic.She thought Tai would play one of his HIIs and Sarah would get the votes.

Weird one how the votes fell,I thought Aubry or possibly Cirie would be voted out.Seeming chaos in the voting,Sarah and Cirie voted differently.Bizarre vote for Michaela.

It's Sarah's to lose on.
    I don't see any evidence to back up this where there's plenty to back up Ciries intent to vote out Tai. There would be no reason for Cirie not to give that info to the producers or for editors to leave it on the cutting room floor. There's a confession of her saying that she wanted to bring Sarah to the final 3 as she perceived her as goat.

Her plan to vote out Tai was far too ambitious and needlessly so. Same with her move to vote Andrea out earlier in the episode.

Her vote for Aubrey seemed like a panicy 'anyone but me vote' when her plan blew up.

I was rooting for her but the edit was pointing to her going deep in the game but not a win. This cock up explains that.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I don't see any evidence to back up this where there's plenty to back up Ciries intent to vote out Tai. There would be no reason for Cirie not to give that info to the producers or for editors to leave it on the cutting room floor. There's a confession of her saying that she wanted to bring Sarah to the final 3 as she perceived her as goat.

Her plan to vote out Tai was far too ambitious and needlessly so. Same with her move to vote Andrea out earlier in the episode.

Her vote for Aubrey seemed like a panicy 'anyone but me vote' when her plan blew up.

I was rooting for her but the edit was pointing to her going deep in the game but not a win. This cock up explains that.

Just recall a conversation Cirie had with Andrea which was admittedly instigated by Andrea targeting Sarah. I know Cirie relayed all and sundry to Sarah but the programme edit doesn't always make clear individuals intentions in spite of the evidence of the plan you correctly mention was outlined in the episode.

I am not sure how on earth Cirie could consider Sarah a goat,beyond comprehension.Missed that.

Advertisement