Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new buggy quandry

Options
  • 11-02-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I need a new buggy for toddler but also expecting #2 in september. Toddler has well outgrown his buggy. I'm wondering whether we will need a double buggy as he will be 3 when new baby comes- all going well. Could I manage with sling and single buggy for a while? Is it essential to have a double buggy fo 3 yr old and new born? I really don't want to buy a new buggy now for potentially 7 months and then need another??

We origInally bought a buggy with the option of an add-on for second baby when we hoped we'd have no 2 before now but hadn't banked on no1 outgrowing the buggy well before any #2!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

I wouldn't bother with a double to be honest there is only 16 months between my two and I used a sling and single buggy for the first 3/4 months and then got a second hand double, my little boy is now 2 and 1/2 and my girl is just gone 1 and in the last month or two I've been using the double less and less as my little man likes to walk. I did invest in a buggy board for my old single buggy for him to use if he needed it so for any long walks he hops up on that when tired but is happy walking 90% of the time. To be honest I think at three your little fella probably won't want to be in a buggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

My son was just three when my second was born and we were well out of the buggy stage for number one by then. How old is your toddler now? 7 months is a long time. They might be well able to go without a buggy by then. Maybe could you pick up a cheap or second hand stroller to tide you over for a few months and maybe get the toddler walking more? I definitely wouldn't be buying a new buggy for a three year old but obviously everyone is different. Would have thought three is very old to be needing a buggy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

By the time he's 3, a buggy board and/or decent sling should do the job! I'm expecting no 3, and am getting a double, but there'll be only 18mts between my two youngest. I'm not mad on slings- I'd be happy with one, for short trips, but I wouldn't like to have no other option!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

There's 3 yrs between my two and I had a double buggy ready to go (second hand). 3 yr old wouldn't sit in it.

Best purchase by far was a buggy board, she loves it. We have a bugaboo and their one actually has a seat on it so it was worth every penny and so glad we got it. That and a sling for #2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

3 years between my two, i bought a second hand double buggy for a few months, and sold it on again for the same money. I walked around near home a lot on mat leave, so we did get the use out of it alright.

If i was driving more, probably wouldn't have needed it.

Depends on your own setup I guess.

Does your eldest still nap in a buggy? My almost 3 year old still naps in hers at the moment, so we're still hanging on to a buggy for that alone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement