If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Audio Options - living room

Options
  • 11-02-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Considering upgrading my home cinema separates. Currently yamaha rx-v367 and tannoy sfx 5.1 array.

Question is, what will deliver the best sound quality for tv and blu ray/4k?

Should I go for another AVR with new speakers.. or something like the SONOS playbar or similar?

Suggestions welcome. Budget about 700Eur would like to get a good quality blu ray player in there too. ;)

for example this http://m.richersounds.com/#!/product/PAH013445

or a good quality soundbar like Sonos?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi thanks for your question.  My personal preference would be for a separate av receiver and speakers over any soundbar.  While the sonos is an excellent sound bar and can be upgraded by adding a separate, sub and rear speakers at a later date, I still maintain that a separate av amp and speakers will sound so much better.   The Yamaha you linked to also features the latest evolution in Dolby, as it features Dolby Atmos 

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

Hi thanks for your question.  My personal preference would be for a separate av receiver and speakers over any soundbar.  While the sonos is an excellent sound bar and can be upgraded by adding a separate, sub and rear speakers at a later date, I still maintain that a separate av amp and speakers will sound so much better.   The Yamaha you linked to also features the latest evolution in Dolby, as it features Dolby Atmos 

Regards Stephen

Thanks Stephen. I am leaning towards separates too for a lot of the same reasons..Any other AVR and speaker package you would recommend.. would like a set of Dali zensor but or wharfdale diamonds.. but seem to be outside my price range.

CTU_Agent wrote: »

Regards Stephen

Thanks Stephen. I am leaning towards separates too for a lot of the same reasons..Any other AVR and speaker package you would recommend.. would like a set of Dali zensor but or wharfdale diamonds.. but seem to be outside my price range.
    Hi CTU Agent.

The Linked system would be a nice little upgrade with the Wharfedale speakers over the Tannoys that you currently use.
    Both items currently in stock and ready o ship.

The Whardale Diamond 220 are currently out of stock and so is the centre. The 5.1 would come in around 925 euro.

The Monitor Audio Mass would sound better that this and come in cheaper at 599.99 Euro (Which is a steal as it is also £599.00
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200190-mass-51.aspx

We currently have a package deal on thr RXV581 with the Mass 5.1 for £799 or 965.00 Euro (Which ever pricing is cheaper for you).
    Pushing a little over budget but would be a cracking setup.
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah013302

Let me know what you think.

Any questions drop me a post.

Ive finally ordered my upgrades LG55UH661V , Denon AVRx 2300w and wharfdale dx1 se 5.1 speakers.

Is it too late to get a boardsie discount for a long time RS customer?? :)

Ive finally ordered my upgrades LG55UH661V , Denon AVRx 2300w and wharfdale dx1 se 5.1 speakers.

Is it too late to get a boardsie discount for a long time RS customer?? :)
    Hey CTU_Agent.

Thanks very much for the order.

Unfortunately I have no movement on the TV or the AVRX2300. I could try and drop a few quid off of the Wharfedales.

I'll have a check and revert back. Due to the bank holiday weekend we have not yet processed your order at this end.

• Advertisement

Hey CTU_Agent.

Thanks very much for the order.

Unfortunately I have no movement on the TV or the AVRX2300. I could try and drop a few quid off of the Wharfedales.

I'll have a check and revert back. Due to the bank holiday weekend we have not yet processed your order at this end.

No worries. Not in a mad rush. I appreciate that.

Id be open to a heap of good quality speaker cable for the new kit instead?? need to get the satellites around the room.

Id be open to a heap of good quality speaker cable for the new kit instead?? need to get the satellites around the room.
    I've dropped you a little PM CTU_Agent.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.