Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 208: Holm v de Randomie (Women's featherweight)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Who people fancy here? I fancy Holly to win

I think GDR will butcher her.

It will be a standup fight and GDR is a bigger woman with power in her hands and feet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holly can out point her, but I see GDR finishing it inside 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gamebred wrote: »
    anyone really care about that decision unless you had money on Brunson? pointless exhibition match.

Not for Brunson it wasn't. He needed to win after losing in poor fashion to a really average fighter last time out. As I said already I don't like the guy but that fight was huge for him, calling it an exhibition is crazy.

darced wrote: »

Well thankfully the unified rules don't agree with you anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not for Brunson it wasn't. He needed to win after losing in poor fashion to a really average fighter last time out. As I said already I don't like the guy but that fight was huge for him, calling it an exhibition is crazy.

For the fans it was, it had no title implications a win over a legend was at stake thats about all, Whittaker is far from average terrific prospect who is 25 years of age only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well thankfully the unified rules don't agree with you anymore.

You still havent answered what you think Anderson did to win the fight. He landed less than his opponent. He spent several minutes on his back. He wasn't the aggressor.

What did Anderson do to win the fight exactly? Where do you give it to him? He lost under every critera going. It was a sentimental decision tbh. The judges have been shocking tonight. Go through the card right from the prelims. Some of the scoring has been wonky as ****. Nothing to do with the new rules....just poor judging. You have one judge giving a 30-25 and another having it a draw. Seriously. WTF is that about?

Stoked for Bisping Silva 2.

Stoked for Bisping Silva 2.

Romero is up next.

Kirby wrote: »
    You still havent answered what you think Anderson did to win the fight. He landed less than his opponent. He spent several minutes on his back. He wasn't the aggressor.

What did Anderson do to win the fight exactly? Where do you give it to him? It was a sentimental decision tbh.

He spent several minutes on his back and Brunson still couldn't do anything.

He landed less but Brunson never hurt him. He was the aggressor all three rounds, Brunson spend most of the fight going backwards and ran away several times. Anderson had better and more effective combinations and every time Brunson shot bar one ended up in the dominant position.

For the fans it was, it had no title implications a win over a legend was at stake thats about all, Whittaker is far from average terrific prospect who is 25 years of age only.

Whittaker is hardly a terrific prospect, he swings for the fences and hopes for the best. He's had soft matchmaking and Brunson is the only good win on his record. If he faces a proper counter-striker or a dominant grappler, he gets destroyed. Time will tell I suppose and I may end up eating my words but I see no real potential there man.

• Advertisement

Romero is up next.

Romero SHOULD be up next.

Bisping won't want it and if the WWUFC think they can do a big card in a football stadium in Brazil on US PPV times instead of trying to sell Romero murdering Bisping, they will do it.

Romero is up next.

He's likely to be up next. You're giving the UFC way too much credit there in thinking they'll give the number one contender his deserved title shot, don't get your hopes up until they announce it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Cyborg to enter the cage afterward????

He spent several minutes on his back and Brunson still couldn't do anything.

He landed less but Brunson never hurt him. He was the aggressor all three rounds, Brunson spend most of the fight going backwards and ran away several times. Anderson had better and more effective combinations and every time Brunson shot bar one ended up in the dominant position.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/830646864269758464

The MMA media disagree.

Regardless, we can just agree to disagree. You had it for Anderson. You obviously wont be dissuaded.

darced wrote: »

Top position without damage means nothing now. And I agree with that.

Cyborg to enter the cage afterward????

She's banned isn't she?

Romero is up next.

That never stopped them ha they are after money they dont want bisping getting his head taken off by flying knee,
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Whittaker is hardly a terrific prospect, he swings for the fences and hopes for the best. He's had soft matchmaking and Brunson is the only good win on his record. If he faces a proper counter-striker or a dominant grappler, he gets destroyed. Time will tell I suppose and I may end up eating my words but I see no real potential there man.

6 fight win streak at middleweight aint easy, not even in his prime yet wouldnt say he will be champ or anything but hes no bad, who'd of thought Bisping be champ now at that age.

Holly needs to stop trying to be the aggressor here, she's walking into the straight left.

• Advertisement

I'm enjoying this fight more than I thought I would so far

That counter right is about to sleep Holly.

Germaine is two rounds up here, can't see where Holly might pull a win from.

That was as late as it gets.

That should be -1 point.

Has to be a point deduction no?

Defend yourself at all times.

Holm just far too predictable.

Absolute bum of a ref.

• Advertisement

She threw TWO more punches after the horn. f*ck that sh*t. Thats DQ territory.

Advertisement