Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach fishing or rock fishing?

• 11-02-2017 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey folks,

I'm just getting back into fishing after many years. I used to fish off piers and rocks but I'm curious to try beach fishing.

What are the best aspects of either type of fishing in Ireland? Are the techniques totally different?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

Hey folks,

I'm just getting back into fishing after many years. I used to fish off piers and rocks but I'm curious to try beach fishing.

What are the best aspects of either type of fishing in Ireland? Are the techniques totally different?

Not going to go into details about the 2 types you've mentioned, but I would suggest researching LRF - Light Rock Fishing. Relatively cheap to get into, you can make it as dear as you want but €150 will get you fishing comfortably.

There's a forum here that has a wealth of information, down to techniques, the different species you will catch and are willing to answer any questions you may have.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Currently addicted to shore fishing (beach) though I do want to try LRF. Out of all ive tried, fly and course being the others - I prefer beach. Just personal opinion though. There is sooooo much to learn and get into, I find lrf a little more closed - light rod, lures or jelly's and off you go - with beach it gets a lot more in depth.
    Where are you? - your welcome to come out for an evening with me - I have a load of spare gear!

Advertisement