Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sides to go with Wagyu steak

Options
  • 12-02-2017 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

Got a bit of Wagyu steak from James Whelan there for Valentines day.

Anyway im looking for some other peoples ideas for some sides seeing as the steak will probably be very rich.

Id normally make a nice mushroom white wine sauce or a blue cheese sauce some caramelized onion and a potato dish but maybe go a bit different this time !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Pommes allumettes with sauce Café de Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Pommes allumettes with sauce Café de Paris.
    If it's a butter based sauce could always just do a flavoured butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Indeed. But that would be melted butter as opposed to a classic sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You wouldn't need a sauce when using a decent cut. Let the beef do the talking.

Steamed veggies and some puree

Puree sounds good actually. Only recently made really nice parsnip puree and rather it over standard parsnip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

wasabi pommes puree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I would go very simple with any sauce and veg and let the expensive steak be the star. You should also get a very nice red wine to accompany it.

I'd do very well seasoned creamy mash potatoes (lots of butter and cream in them) and personally I always like a green veg with a good steak. Simple sauteed spinach or a some fried cabbage or chard always works. Even some very nice steamed broccoli would be good.

With a piece of meat that nice just do not do anything to drown out its lovely flavour.

What cut of wagyu did you get and how are you cooking it as the deglazing from the pan would be the perfect gravy/sauce for it.

Got ribeye.

I haven't had time with work to think whole thing threw so I'll sit down tonight see what I need to buy. Steak won't be coming till morning.

Advertisement