Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda recruitment 2017

• 12-02-2017 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Anyone have any idea when next garda recruitment will be? Like I heard there would be another this year? Also any advice in how best to prepare would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Elbell wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea when next garda recruitment will be? Like I heard there would be another this year? Also any advice in how best to prepare would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

Dept Justice might need to wait and see what they get allocated in the Budget? Think they have reached the magic 13,000 number or will do shortly. Not forgetting the Public Servants pay restoration and the nurses strike.

But if we base it off recruitment campaigns then - 2013, Jan 2016 and September 2016, so the next one would be in May 2017. But that would not be a good time for PAS because a lot of staff take annual leave, so September again? Or December if they want to wait until after the Budget?

All of the above is PURE speculation. What I can say for certain is that the last round of interviews for the September 2016 campaign are taking place in June. Got that from PAS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

If an election is called could it have any effect on the the next three intakes that are already planned this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Masterkey01

Sorry to Pull up an old Thred, Will there be another campaign in 2017, Does anybody know ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Masterkey01

Sorry to Pull up an old Thred, Will there be another campaign in 2017, Does anybody know ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Yoop_

No word at the moment. But going by the shortage of guards I reckon there will almost definitely be one in early 2018, if not later this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement