Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Items that are scandalously priced.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

RTE. The crap they show doesn't warrent what we have to pay for a TV licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Delacent wrote: »
    SKY tv.

€360 a year for channels that are mostly free to air and have almost 15min of advertising an hour.

We cancelled our Sky for that reason. They really simply priced themselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

davo10 wrote: »

Which is why many of us don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Treadhead wrote: »
    But yet we don't live there... I could get a beer for 65cents in Vietnam - that's about as relevant.

No it's not, because the cost of everything is less in Vietnam and it's not in a common market with Ireland. Broadly speaking everything in the Netherlands or Germany is the same price as here, except for alcohol, which in Ireland is scandalously overpriced (in supermarkets anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

NIMAN wrote: »
    I know we have all heard about stuff like printer ink, perfume etc being way overpriced, but anyone else got anything they have seen recently that shocked them in terms of just how much they were charging?

I'll start with replacement heads for my Philips Sonicare tootbrush. These are the ones that fit my model
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3306237/Trail/searchtext%3EPHILIPS+SONICARE.htm
    €44.99 for 4 plastic heads, probably made in China for a Euro. Shocking. And I'll not even get into the price for some of the toothbrushes themselves.
    You can get these heads at very reasonable prices online. I bring in a batch once a year or so.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/1-12x-SONICARE-TOOTHBRUSH-HEADS-COMPATIBLE-WITH-PHILIPS-HX6013-HX6011-PHILLIPS-/252399093382?var=&hash=item3ac4288686:m:mx9uBsOP94kzbRPbJM6QdhQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Love how we expect cheap cheap products yet hound for a much higher minimum wage / social welfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

davo10 wrote: »

The last couple of weeks have shown us exactly why we need a well-funded and independent media.

Advertisement