Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Leave - return to work meeting

Options
  • 12-02-2017 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hello all, is there a standard time to have a meeting with your boss about your return to work when maternity leave finishes?

I want to ask them for a 3 day week instead of a 5 day week.

I am still on the standard 26 weeks leave and am taking the additional 16 weeks and they are fine with that.

However they refused to meet with a colleague until her maternity leave was finished and she was on annual leave which was just a week or so before she came back. Are they allowed to do this?

I need to book my baby girl into a creche now before spaces fill up so I need to ask for a meeting with them now to ask about a short week? Can I do this?

So my question is really can I meet with them while on standard maternity leave and while I still have the additional leave to go too.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

You need to notify your employer in writing i think one month before the end of your maternity leave, before the unpaid leave starts.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my employer refused a meeting too so i just sent an email saying i was coming back on a 4 week and left it at that.

they never got back to me. the day i started back, i just went to old desk someone was sitting there so i had to get IT to move them and had to wait a few days to be told what my new job/team was officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭cleanslate

Wow that's mad, did they just accept the 4 day week?

I am going to email this week and if they say no, will just have to say it in email and say that I would rather have said it face to face.

Just have to get the creche sorted and can't miss her getting a place.

Advertisement