Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IAA Student Controller Programme 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

ambitious wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the starting salary is?

It was €52K thereabouts and dropped to €32K. It may have gone up a bit since and also as mentioned there's no allowance on the ~ 2 year course from application to validation. There's a shift allowance of between 20%-22% added onto your salary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

It was €52K thereabouts and dropped to €32K.
    Curious.

When was the starting salary €52K?
    There's a shift allowance of between 20%-22% added onto your salary.
    Shift allowance is 27%.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Curious.

When was the starting salary €52K?

Shift allowance is 27%.

"Salaries
    Republic of Ireland: Students are paid an allowance of €18,969 per annum. The basic starting salary for fully qualified controllers is just under €51,000. With a shift allowance included, it comes to nearly €75,000."

Quoted from a document in 2011. Is it incorrect? Pretty sure I remember hearing this aswell back a few years ago when I visited Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

"Salaries
    Republic of Ireland: Students are paid an allowance of €18,969 per annum. The basic starting salary for fully qualified controllers is just under €51,000. With a shift allowance included, it comes to nearly €75,000."

Quoted from a document in 2011. Is it incorrect? Pretty sure I remember hearing this aswell back a few years ago when I visited Shannon.

Those figures are out of date, yes.

Edit: Sorry, just realised you were replying to the question about when those figures WERE accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

"Salaries

Can you link the document?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Barmanhu

Sat the FEAST today, i know i prob failed it. Just curious as to how anyone else who has sat it this week got on?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭CiboC

Mine is tomorrow. Any hints...:)?

CiboC wrote: »
    Mine is tomorrow. Any hints...:)?

None really, take your time and read the instructions and make sure you understand what you need to do! Sorry but i feel i did crap so im prob not the best to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

Barmanhu wrote: »
    Sat the FEAST today, i know i prob failed it. Just curious as to how anyone else who has sat it this week got on?

I wouldn't be so sure, it's designed to make you make mistakes, everybody does. I thought I'd failed too and passed it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 omega99

I'm doing mine next week.
    Should I brush up on my mental arithmetic and percentage problems e.g
    "what is 40% of 140 multiplied by 5 ?" or "which is greater: 80% of 340 or 30% of 900 ?"

Any of these type questions in the test?

Thanks and best of luck to all...

• Advertisement

To be honest there's nothing that can prepare you for it, the arithmetic section is very basic (at least on our test, I'm assuming there are similar but different versions) identifying odd numbers and even numbers and putting them into the relevant category I.e categorise all evens as odd numbers and place in the 25-100 box and then the numbers flashed up for a secondary or if the sum of the 3 numbers added up to greater than 10 put them into the 0-50 category, if you catch what I'm saying? All I'll say is ready the instructions and understand them before doing it. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

omega99 wrote: »
    I'm doing mine next week.
    Should I brush up on my mental arithmetic and percentage problems e.g
    "what is 40% of 140 multiplied by 5 ?" or "which is greater: 80% of 340 or 30% of 900 ?"

Any of these type questions in the test?

Thanks and best of luck to all...

Do some spatial reasoning tests
    https://www.123test.com/spatial-reasoning-test/

Do some stroop effect tests
    http://www.math.unt.edu/~tam/SelfTests/StroopEffects.html

And try some random IQ tests, there's loads online. There's nothing you can really do to pass this test if you don't have an aptitude for it, but practicing some of these tests will give you an idea of what to expect. Some parts of test there's nothing you can do to prepare.

The only other advice I would give is that some of the tests require very quick responses on time sensitive questions. For example you decide the answer is A, but by the time you click A the next question has appeared, the answer is B but you've entered A, meaning you missed two questions, the test is designed that way on purpose, you just need to compose yourself and get back in the rhythm quickly, if you start panicking it snowballs.
    I'm guessing here, but I think in some of the tests, they're not just about getting the answer correct, but also about how quickly you can recover from a wrong answer

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LORD A

Anyone know when we will hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DeltaOscar

LORD A wrote: »
    Anyone know when we will hear back?

I had my feast last Wednesday and they said we should hear back in 2 weeks time. So maybe next wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Any idea how many sat the FEAST?

Think there was about 18 there the day I did it and that was back at the start of April.

Any idea how many sat the FEAST?

Think there was about 18 there the day I did it and that was back at the start of April.

About 20 in my session I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

any idea when applications will open again?
    I assuming it would be 2018 or will there be another recruitment this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

siobhan08 wrote: »
    any idea when applications will open again?
    I assuming it would be 2018 or will there be another recruitment this year.

It's been roughly a year since the previous one, so I reckon it'll be at least a year before there's another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bonomc8

Anyone heard anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

Got an email this morning saying I have passed the FEAST and will be sitting the DART on June 14th! Whoop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Artfulpaprika

Got an email this morning saying I have passed the FEAST and will be sitting the DART on June 14th! Whoop!

Me too for June 15th! 😄

I'm on the 15th as well.

I'm through stage 1 too, June 15th as well...!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Greenpic

I got called for 14th June also. Does everyone who completed FEAST get called for DART? I thought the cutting only starts after both exams are completed.

I'm open to correction, but my understanding is that if you pass FEAST you are offered a DART test automatically...

I'm open to correction, but my understanding is that if you pass FEAST you are offered a DART test automatically...

I don't think you even have to pass it - I think once you complete it then you automatically get called ?

Glad I'm called back either way !

Greenpic wrote: »
    I don't think you even have to pass it - I think once you complete it then you automatically get called ?

Nope, from the email we got back with the FEAST invitation:

Please note candidates who pass the FEAST Test will be contacted and invited to sit the DART Test at a Dublin venue in June 2017

So if you didn't pass FEAST no DART for you!

I don't think you even have to pass it - I think once you complete it then you automatically get called ? /QUOTE]

Nope, from the email we got back with the FEAST invitation:

Please note candidates who pass the FEAST Test will be contacted and invited to sit the DART Test at a Dublin venue in June 2017

So if you didn't pass FEAST no DART for you!

Well from the email I got this morning it says congrats for sucessfully COMPLETING the feast test. I would just be interested to see if anyone who completed the test (without walking out half way) would not be called back. I still imagine everyone who completed it gets a call back.

Well from the email I got this morning it says congrats for sucessfully COMPLETING the feast test. I would just be interested to see if anyone who completed the test (without walking out half way) would not be called back. I still imagine everyone who completed it gets a call back.

SUCCESSFULLY completing.

• Advertisement

My making a balls of quoting Greenpic's post (subsequently corrected) now results in DeltaOscar attributing a post to me that was never mine...:eek:!

Advertisement