Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Home Debate

• 12-02-2017 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

28 year old male with a good job in Sydney... single and enjoying Aussie life for the last 6 years but half considering going home to try and get a more permanent set up on the go... not sure that Sydney or Australia has that to offer.
    Would appreciate peoples opinions and feedback from anyone who is in a similair situation or made that call... I realise it would be a huge hit to my standard of living!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Theres a Coming Home forum in the Abroad forum which may be worth a read, views of people thinking about it and those who've done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SunnySun

Hi MiniMe,

Great to see your thread! We were in contact a while ago and this has been the first time I logged into boards.ie in months. I just left Australia after 6 years and returned to Ireland in July.

I'm strangely surprised how much I like it here. I find the colder climate a relief actually! Irish people seem so friendly! Unlike what alot of people would say, I actually slotted back in with all my childhood friends as if nothing happened. They seem like my "real" friends...

I need to go back to Australia within a few months or my visa will lapse but I am confused to be honest and might not go back... I thought I'd never want to live in Ireland again and spent thousands on Australian PR....

The main thing is about being tormented to be so far from parents again as I also feel like I'd like to settle a bit with some solid foundations in my life. Although my situation is different than yours that I was just doing random jobs etc in Australia and was over it, I've never had a highly paid "profession" or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Hi Minime.

Had the option to stay on for PR but heart just wasn't in it. If you've got your citizenship then it will easy enough to return to OZ at a later date.

Been back a few years and don't miss the heat. I've found that what I lose in cash is more than made up for in craic. Also I really missed EU short hops etc.
    I'm so over long haul.

Advertisement