Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with our Toyota Auris SOl

• 12-02-2017 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

It's been burning oil since 2015 when we got it, 7 times we were back to the main garage with the car we are just so tired of this as the main dealer said its normal. We asked so many people about this and they all said rubbish that is not true. We think and we know we got a dud car in 2015 and Cummins car centre Ennis co. Clare are just stringing us along. We need answers and answers fast. Please please please anyone if anyone has a Toyota Auris Sol or any Toyota Auris do ye have the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How much oil is it burning per 1000km. Is the garage keeping records of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

As said less than a litre of oil per 1000km is considered normal for burning oil. How much is it burning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

And how long between services? What experts did you ask about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

A litre per 1,000km? I suppose that's not insane doing 5k a year to mass and back, but in any other circumstances it seems very high to be considered normal.

It's still quite a lot, but that's the guideline Toyota use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I just did a quick Google and it appears to be normal for Toyota's to burn oil.Loads about it on the web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

In my direct experience most Toyotas do use a drop of oil, but not all. My partners Yaris and my dads Picnic both use oil, my Avensis, my brothers Avensis and the sisters Auris don't. But any Toyotas I had before used oil as well.

In saying that I would expect a new car not to use very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Is your car a petrol or diesel?

I'd suggest a slightly heavier oil and see how it behaves. The recommended oil for petrol engines is 5W30 so change to 10W/40 if you have a petrol car, just ensure it complies to the same ACEA rating as the stuff normally used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

Try another main dealer for a second opinion, Geary's or o Callaghan's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Has it had its first service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Being a 2015 car I certainly hope it's got more than it's first.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Being a 2015 car I certainly hope it's got more than it's first.

I'd be willing to wager it's had none.

It's changing its own oil.

Regardless there's something wrong with the car and blaming the OP isn't really helping

I wouldn't be blaming anyone. I've seen a few instances of people claiming their new car was very hard on oil only for it to get better after the first service.

I think it's a combination of the sump not being completely full when the car is new followed by the engine being harder on oil during the wearing in period.

I met one chap with a new petrol i20 that swore blind it was using over 1000ml per 1k kms. Done 3x measured tests and it came close to those figures but never failed the test exactly. By that stage he had passed 15k kms so suggested he do his first service to strengthen any case against the manufacturer. He said exactly the same thing that its changing its own oil. He begrudgingly done the service and we never met again until his second service.

I'm not saying that that is what this is but I'd be curious to know has it had its first service or are they holding off because they feel the consumption is excessive?

Has the dealer done a proper measured test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

When were Auris out? (edit 2006) was this a new car? petrol or diesel? whats the service interval? personally Id be changing oil/filter well between any long interval if it is long, and just getting it serviced normally anyway.
    What oil are you replacing the "lost" oil with? do you do this yourself?

Advertisement