Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MBP freezing and turning off randomly.

• 12-02-2017 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Recently my 2013 MBP has started to freeze/restart randomly or switch off completely randomly. I've just got the notification that my memory is almost full, too. I guess that would cause it to freeze randomly but it wouldn't cause it to turn off completely, would it? Hard drive on the way out maybe? Also, what's the easiest way to free up memory? I've deleted app that I don't use already.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Buy yourself an external disk and copy across all your photos, documents, movies, etc. Do that as soon as you can.

Maybe also consider doing an SMC reset on your mac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I've had something similar happening to my iMac recently, well not the freezing. Just the random shutting down. It's only happened about 3 times over the past month, always while it's in sleep mode. I'm using about 320 of the 1000 GB available. It's a late 2013 iMac.

Advertisement