Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC Radio 2 weekend changes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Can't believe they are 'axing' Bob Harris music/album show (not country) which goes back to his days on BBC Radio 1

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2017/02/major-weekend-programme-changes-at-bbc-radio-2/

Love to hear him on Nova.....eeh Kevin...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Can't believe they are 'axing' Bob Harris music/album show (not country) which goes back to his days on BBC Radio 1

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2017/02/major-weekend-programme-changes-at-bbc-radio-2/

They could hardly make him stay against his will.

Elsewhere, presenter Bob Harris has decided to finish broadcasting his weekly show Bob Harris Sunday to allow him to concentrate on other projects. His weekly show Bob Harris Country (Thursday, 7pm-8pm) – which showcases the best in country music to the Radio 2 audience - will continue.

Anyway he spent most of the last two years in the graveyard 3am to 6am slot, hardly the best position to influence a big audience. And a man of his age and with his medical history should be looking to stay away from such unsocial hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Used to enjoy listening to Bob Harris in the middle of the night many moons ago when I suffered from insomnia.

Used to play a great selection of music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

And they have knifed Brian Matthew and given his show to the sleazy Tony Blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

And they have knifed Brian Matthew and given his show to the sleazy Tony Blackburn

Well Brian Matthew is 88! and in 'ill health'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4213892/I-m-not-Radio-Gaga-DJ-Brian-Matthew-tells-JANE-FRYER.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

I've been listening to Bob Harris for more years than I can remember. I used always record his programme when he was on from 10pm to 1am on Saturday nights. He always played the most fantastic, eclectic mix of music, often concentrating on country rock or Americana but verging into anything that took his fancy.

I haven't heard his programme now for a good while, since the show was moved to the graveyard shift. It's prerecorded now anyway and, I think, has been for many years.

Sad to see him bow out (with the album show anyway) but, as one of the previous posters said, his health was bad for a while, so hopefully he continues on for many more years doing the projects that he enjoys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Pleased to see Tony Blackburn getting another show, although I still think he should have been moved back to Pick of The Pops.

Paul Gambaccini is a good presenter but he is too much of a chart nerd for POTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 More Tea

And Tony is sleazy how?

Advertisement