Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone SE - not getting notifications

Options
  • 12-02-2017 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Normally, when I'm using my phone and I receive a Whatsapp message or a Snapchat I see a banner notification across the top of the screen and a number on the badge of the app itself indicating there is a new unread message. When my phone is locked then I'll get a message notification that's displayed on the lockscreen.

Over the last week or so I've haven't been getting any notifications for apps. On the home screen/menu it appears that there are no new messages but if I actually go into the app I then see that there are several unread messages for which I received no alert, notification, etc.

I checked the notification settings and all of them are switched on as normal. Any idea on what I can do to amend this issue?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is Do Not Disturb enabled?

You should also try restarting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I've been having the same problem on whatsapp and FB Messenger in particular. I've done the usual checks and sometimes it works fine.

Sorry I can't actually help OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭sporina

not getting text notification (red dot) on iphone 4 s - any ideas? all my setting are correct and do not disturb is not on.. v annoying - i have to go into messages to see if i have a new message

Advertisement