Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment being sold

Options
  • 12-02-2017 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has come up before but I've checked back 10 pages and can't see a similar thread.

My apartment block is currently for sale. The banks repossessed it a few months back and are selling it with the tenants in place.

We had a 1 year lease that expired and we now pay rent monthly. We have been living here two years.

We really like the place and are keen to stay. Do we have any rights if the new landlord wants us out? We feel he will as the place is currently rented at c. 20% lower than market value.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I assume you'd just continue your Part 4 tenancy.
    The new owner can't just kick you out, but they could give notice to vacate if they are selling each unit individually.
    It would be worth finding out if you're in a rent pressure zone, because if you are any rent increase is capped at 4%.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭liamjames1

I assume you'd just continue your Part 4 tenancy.
    The new owner can't just kick you out, but they could give notice to vacate if they are selling each unit individually.
    It would be worth finding out if you're in a rent pressure zone, because if you are any rent increase is capped at 4%.

Thanks a lot. Very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Are you sure the bank are selling it with sitting tenants? It is far from the norm. Banks usually evict existing tenants, as banks will not give mortgages on properties with sitting tenants.

Advertisement