Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former site of Gas holder/Gasometer in the city?

Options
  • 12-02-2017 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭

Where used there be a gas holder in the city years ago? I mean one of those structures which rise and fall depending on how much gas is in them. I have a vague recollection of going with my father to pay his car tax, must be early 80s, and parking near one and I'm wondering where it was. I'm not sure if it was even still in use at the time, but the structure was still there at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

It was around the railway bridge where Campagne/Vintage Tea Rooms and those units are now heading to John Green.

Hennessy' Coal Yard was there. You were probably parked on John's Green. Tax office was where the medical centre is now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Thanks. I see there's a Gas House Lane just there too, so that makes sense.

Advertisement