Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stand With Eamon Dunphy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Haha ya that's where I got it from you're right. Had my wires crossed there!

Just listened to the Ordinary Joe review there. Really enjoyed it, eamonn really did go to town on the index issue!

Haha, I'm a huge Sopranos fan, best show ever for me.
    I got his point on the index and it was funny listening to him labour it, but it seems to be far from the worst thing about that book.
    Schmidt has let himself down and damaged his good and well earned reputation a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dunphy, Giles and Brady getting back together on TV again next week on Premier Sports with Ivan Yates presenting

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bamayang

glasso wrote: »
    I personally don't think that it started out with a cynical thought (cash-grab) like that.

imo he wrote it himself but for whatever reason held back all the potentially interesting stuff.

(didn't want to put himself "out there" about what he really thought - strikes me as that sort of guy tbh, didn't want to offend people, in his own mind didn't want to maybe affect his chances of getting another job etc)

so you end up with a nothing book.

Heard on off the ball that Smidt heard someone was going to write an unofficial book about him so he rushed to get this out first.

bamayang wrote: »
    Heard on off the ball that Smidt heard someone was going to write an unofficial book about him so he rushed to get this out first.

Still no excuse to put out a bag of shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 15,627 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

bamayang wrote: »

It’s true.

The journalist in question is going to continue with his book project

Joe Warned Ex players not to cooperate.

I Havnt read one positive review of ordinary joe yet

Kimmage has a belter of a column yest on it

• Advertisement

It’s true.

The journalist in question is going to continue with his book project

Joe Warned Ex players not to cooperate.

I Havnt read one positive review of ordinary joe yet

Kimmage has a belter of a column yest on it

Who is the journalist?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

So Dunphy think “the left” is responsible for emboldening ISIS/terrorism.... Dunphy is a moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

So Dunphy think “the left” is responsible for emboldening ISIS/terrorism.... Dunphy is a moron.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but they definitely share part of the blame, I don't know how this isn't obvious as its well documented.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i really enjoyed the Joe smit book review! Eamon not getting passed the index was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

riemann wrote: »
    I haven't listened to the podcast yet but they definitely share part of the blame, I don't know how this isn't obvious as its well documented.

Please explain ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,632 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

riemann wrote: »

:confused::confused::confused:

i really enjoyed the Joe smit book review! Eamon not getting passed the index was funny!

Is Eamo an amazon reviewer I wonder....?

All the points seem to be from Eamo's podcast!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ordinary-Joe-Schmidt/dp/1844884090/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ordinary+joe&qid=1575471402&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

glasso wrote: »
    Is Eamo an amazon reviewer I wonder....?

All the points seem to be from Eamo's podcast!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ordinary-Joe-Schmidt/dp/1844884090/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ordinary+joe&qid=1575471402&sr=8-1

Thats gas. I don't get Eamos style of writing or flow from that tho, seems more like someone who heard the podcast regurgitated the point made as a review? I don't think theres anything mentioned there that was said on the show. The 1.5 star rating is pretty damning for easons current bestseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Wonder will we hear from Verona Murphy on the podcast again since her dismal election campaign and subsequent outbursts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

She was on with another buck who says things for a reaction - Ivan Yeates yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Bit of a 'hot mic' situation in this mornings one...

Did people hear the Waterford Whispers one?

He genuinely had only come across WW in preparation for the show. Was hardly able to speak with giggling and laughing. He did apologise repeatedly to be fair and it certainly did plugging the book no harm.

He genuinely had only come across WW in preparation for the show. Was hardly able to speak with giggling and laughing. He did apologise repeatedly to be fair and it certainly did plugging the book no harm.

I thought it was excellent actually. Personally, I had no issue with him giggling and laughing as he read the various stories and headlines he came across. Was chuckling away along with it myself as I was shopping

Obrieski wrote: »
    I thought it was excellent actually. Personally, I had no issue with him giggling and laughing as he read the various stories and headlines he came across. Was chuckling away along with it myself as I was shopping

Oh I enjoyed it myself. It was clear Eamonns laughter was genuine.

Sounded like a paid ad segment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

One thing's for sure, how you tell the joke really is important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

I wonder who he'll have on for the election. Hopefully Brendan o Neil and brexit will be forced to take a back seat as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,950 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I wonder who he'll have on for the election. Hopefully Brendan o Neil and brexit will be forced to take a back seat as a result!

Found today's pod with Pat Leahy very good. Dunphy shines when it's a topic he's up to speed on and interested in, which it would appear he is for the election...

Dunphy: Ahern and Charlie McCreevey were the Messi and Ronaldo of Irish politics :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Jesus Christ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Only a problem for people who take Dunphy seriously which no intelligent person should.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Dunphy: Ahern and Charlie McCreevey were the Messi and Ronaldo of Irish politics :confused::confused:
    Didn't hear that pod, but you'd have to assume that he said that in jest/tongue in cheek :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,950 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Didn't hear that pod, but you'd have to assume that he said that in jest/tongue in cheek :p

No, he said that Charlie McCreevy was one of the best finance ministers we've ever had. He was speaking to his former press secretary, and we know Dunphy likes sucking up to guests, but still...

He’s always licked their holes in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Dunphy has always had a major man crush on Bertie.

Actually Diarmaid Ferriter on his appearance this week said something negative about Bertie and I was half expecting Dunphy to jump to his defence but he stayed quiet.

Advertisement