Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IS TUBBERCURRY ESTATES SAFE TO LIVE 2017

Options
  • 12-02-2017 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm wondering is highfield estate in tubbercurry safe to live?.. is there any known worse area off tubbercurry to rent in? Is it safe in tubbercurry to rent. I'm moving from sligo to tubbercurry and have heaRd and been warned off going there but I want some honest truth full opinions on this ASAP
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

Highfield is grand like them all on the Charlestown road, so are the estates on the Ballymote road, mainly families and all quiet. Tubbercurry is very quiet in general. I can tell you where I'd avoid Parklands, Spingvale (Sligo Road) Cnoc na si (Ballina road) any estate on Mountain road and masshill road (or the bog road as it's know locally) You will come across far worse places in Sligo than in Tubercurry I've lived in both

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shinead28

Coffee fulled runner
    I appreciate your reply greatly iv heard about them estates I just needed to hear it from somebody else. I have heard people's oil tanks where been tampered with in highfield park and a lot off messing. But I'm not sure what it would be like now a days. I'm suppose to be signing a lease tomorrow but I'm stuck as to what to do. Iv been frightened by what iv heard apparently some woman has a gun for protection. That is bizarre. U want to feel safe in ur home not to avoid it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Highfield is grand like them all on the Charlestown road, so are the estates on the Ballymote road, mainly families and all quiet. Tubbercurry is very quiet in general. I can tell you where I'd avoid Parklands, Spingvale (Sligo Road) Cnoc na si (Ballina road) any estate on Mountain road and masshill road (or the bog road as it's know locally) You will come across far worse places in Sligo than in Tubercurry I've lived in both

Nothing wrong with Cnoc Na Si. It was bad years ago but has been considerably improved in recent years. It still has a bad rep unfortunately.

I bought my house here 3 years ago. Very quiet estate, no trouble in it whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Cnoc na si is grand. Ones to avoid are parklands springvale and mountainview estates. Like has been said before there are a good deal worse estates in sligo town than you will find in tubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Dringe123

I know a family living in Highfield for years who aren't local and very happy ithere. Never heard any complaints

• Advertisement
Advertisement