Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add CCTV system separate to Phonewatch or whole new integrated System?

Options
  • 12-02-2017 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Some while back I made up my mind that the Phonewatch system I have and the service they provide, isn't what I want.

I have also decided to get some external CCTV which I don't know a lot about. I'd like 3-4 cameras with good low light performance and reasonable range with the ability to view on a Web browser or phone.

However, would I be better off getting one integrated system or have a new CCTV system installed and upgrade the alarm system at a later date?

I want wireless as much as possible too. Also, while cost is an issue, I want to get a decent system and I plan on ordering the CCTV this week.

Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would recommend a separate HIKVision IP CCTV System. This will com with browser & app access etc.
    When the time comes to replace your alarm look at the GSD i-70 or i10-70 . This would fully integrate with the HIKVision CCTV System.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would recommend a separate HIKVision IP CCTV System. This will com with browser & app access etc.
    When the time comes to replace your alarm look at the GSD i-70 or i10-70 . This would fully integrate with the HIKVision CCTV System.

Thanks koolkid

That's exactly the kind of information I need.

Would any particular companies supply these??

Spoke to a few people down here and they seem to have had maplin type kits installed, which I don't want, but I'd order what you recommend if I can get a supplier down here.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Keep away from the Maplin kits and the likes. You will get much better quality and value for money through regular suppliers or installers.
    Most security companies would be aware of and use Hikvision.
    There are plenty of installers using GSD also.
    If you give them a call they connect you with installers close to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

+1 for Hikvision. I've heard very good reports about their CCTV systems.

I have a Ubiquiti system installed and am very happy with it. I upgraded from an Analog Avtech DVR with generic cameras. Massive video quality and usability improvement with the new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Dazzy wrote: »
    +1 for Hikvision. I've heard very good reports about their CCTV systems.

I have a Ubiquiti system installed and am very happy with it. I upgraded from an Analog Avtech DVR with generic cameras. Massive video quality and usability improvement with the new system.

Is there any particular Hikvision camera model that would be recommended? Ideally something that can boost ambient light and get good pictures as there is very little light near the house at night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement