Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with the big white house

Options
  • 21-01-2017 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's going on at that big house next to Kilsaran? Seems to be a big project.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I believe they are constructing a motorcycle wall of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Anyone know what's going on at that big house next to Kilsaran? Seems to be a big project.

Shire Pharmaceuticals are setting up there.

http://www.idaireland.com/newsroom/shire-to-expand-biotechno/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So what's the story with the big white house by the old Plantagen nr Dunboyne?

I drive past it most days and was always intrigued by the warning signs of Loose Dobermans on site, was totally surrounded by tree's.

Now all the tree's are gone, the house is so lit up you can probably see it from space and there's some big construction work going on behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Thats where the new pharmacutical plant is going.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thanks

What has the white house got to do with it all, if anything? Wondering why all his tree's have been lobbed down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Isn't it part of the site? I can remember when it's 'grounds' were huge, one of those 'someday' houses we pass occasionally, it'd be a shame it it was to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Always reminded me of Dallas ... Chances if them keeping it and converting to offices ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Is this the house that you can see from the M3 going into blanch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BANES

Actual fact: that house was based on Southfork ranch from Dallas on the telly. Classy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

So they're the lads mucking up the roads. One JCB sent a big clump of muck at my window that I'm surprised didn't leave a crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

I believe they are constructing a motorcycle wall of death.

ha ha eat the peach!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

NufcNavan wrote: »
    So they're the lads mucking up the roads. One JCB sent a big clump of muck at my window that I'm surprised didn't leave a crack.

Yep they're making a bit of a mess of the road there alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭paul71

ha ha eat the peach!

Am I really so old that only me and a few others know about this and the motorcycle wall of death?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

paul71 wrote: »
    Am I really so old that only me and a few others know about this and the motorcycle wall of death?

Unfortunately I'm there with ya buddy.
    Used love that movie when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭paul71

It got me thinking of films made in Meath on my way to work this morning, so the one mentioned here, Eat the Peach, Braveheart are obvious but there was a WW2 film made in Trim Castle back in the 1970s too. I think it had Lee Marvin in it but cannot remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pudsey64

paul71 wrote: »
    It got me thinking of films made in Meath on my way to work this morning, so the one mentioned here, Eat the Peach, Braveheart are obvious but there was a WW2 film made in Trim Castle back in the 1970s too. I think it had Lee Marvin in it but cannot remember the name.

The Big Red One.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Interesting.... is it viewable from Google Maps or does anyone have any photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Interesting.... is it viewable from Google Maps or does anyone have any photos?

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.4471983,-6.4736351,3a,75y,105.8h,80.06t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sb-LLbPURv-o71pN3aERiFQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Cant really see it as the trees are covering it.

Here's a better photo. :D

3d6b9db3bdb1be095c0351802cd656bb.jpg

• Advertisement

JR's house from the private jet.... can just about see the pillars.

https://goo.gl/maps/993rZrdQhJS2

I think the house used to be owned by the Peters family (County Club owner).

As a child I was always told that that house was owned by yer woman from "where in the world" and her husband that played the piano on the late late!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

heldel00 wrote: »
    As a child I was always told that that house was owned by yer woman from "where in the world" and her husband that played the piano on the late late!

The guy who played the piano owned a red brick house near Rathbeggan lakes. It's in behind black railings

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

chewed wrote: »
    I think the house used to be owned by the Peters family (County Club owner).

Yep it was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

heldel00 wrote: »

That was another house close by.

kc66 wrote: »
    That was another house close by.
    We were also told that Jack and Vera Duckworth lived in another house further up the road so my parents were never the most reliable source of information!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Twas on the telly over the xmas. Great for a bit of Ireland in the 80's nostalgia. I'd forgotton Pay Kenny had made a cameo in it.

https://youtu.be/aDYHjG5Tnds?t=1h14m11s

The whole movie is on Youtube.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I remember when this house was built - back in the early 80s. It was THE original "McMansion!"

BTW why on earth is a pharmaceutical plant going in there as opposed to in a town such as Navan or Trim? That seems like very very poor planning to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

JupiterKid wrote:
    BTW why on earth is a pharmaceutical plant going in there as opposed to in a town such as Navan or Trim? That seems like very very poor planning to me.

Motorway with easy airport access, not to mention colleges close by, ticks many boxes for the company.

Advertisement