Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Swan

• 12-02-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember the Swan Center when it opened first - they had a 'swan' on the top of the building - just remembered today when I saw this! You have to look hard at the pic, it's seen better days!
    41drr5zld

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I remember the swan centre in the 1980's – but does anyone remember the shopping center that preceded the swan center? It is now a travel lodge/inn/hotel or something. Not sure when it opened but it looked very depressing after the swan opened – empty units, dwindling foot traffic until it finally admitted defeat and closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Photo not appearing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,449 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

dogmatix wrote: »
    I remember the swan centre in the 1980's – but does anyone remember the shopping center that preceded the swan center? It is now a travel lodge/inn/hotel or something. Not sure when it opened but it looked very depressing after the swan opened – empty units, dwindling foot traffic until it finally admitted defeat and closed.

I've outlived both it and the old swimming pool across the road!!!

I remember both being built and we were brought out from class from the school behind the pool to be the very first swimmers when it opened :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Sorry - pic trouble

swan.jpg

Advertisement