Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEC Orals/Practicals

Options
  • 12-02-2017 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering, does anyone know, how do SEC determine how examiners are allocated to the schools in which they are examining?

Is distance to school being examined reckoned from examiner's address or from school in which they are currently teaching?

Just asking, because, in the town where I currently reside, I give some grinds to students. I am scared in case I become their examiner! How are distances from address/school address calculated?

Would love some info on the above, if someone can enlighten. Greatly appreciated. P. Ireland being the small country that it is!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bean Scoile

Expenses are to be claimed from home or school, whichever is closest to the school you are examining in.

They try to have you close to home, so as to avoid paying much by way of expenses.

If you know kids in the school you are assigned to, mention it at the conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

From what I remember on the form you had to declare if you were providing tuition to students from other schools other than the one you are working in.

If you do end up with a school where there is a student that you give grinds to, say it at the conference and a swap will be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

That's what I was afraid of, Rainbowtrout, as I notice that over the past three years I have been visiting schools not very far from where I live.
    Money-saving indeed for SEC, but too close for comfort at times. Will bring it up at conf if not satisfied.
    Thanks.

Advertisement