Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC getting beyond a joke

Options
  • 12-02-2017 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭

You have been banned
    Dear darkpagandeath,

You have been banned from Politics Cafe for one month for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Stheno

Moderator Note

You need to up your standard of posting, stop with the Barry/Zap rubbish, and the pointless posts that lend nothing to debate.
    If you've a problem with this take it to DRP

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkpagandeath View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Igotadose View Post
    I doubt there'll be an answer. Still waiting on the answer to my question on his, what I'll call charitably, 'alternative fact'

So, what department is that?
    I said I don't know.
    Re: You have been banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkpagandeath
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stheno
    Dear darkpagandeath,

You have been banned from Politics Cafe for one month for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Stheno

Moderator Note

You need to up your standard of posting, stop with the Barry/Zap rubbish, and the pointless posts that lend nothing to debate.
    If you've a problem with this take it to DRP

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkpagandeath View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Igotadose View Post
    I doubt there'll be an answer. Still waiting on the answer to my question on his, what I'll call charitably, 'alternative fact'

So, what department is that?
    I said I don't know.
    I would like to appeal .
    That's fine, take it to DRP, I am not overturning this.

I said I was leaving the Trump thread. Calling someone Barry or Zap is not a banable offence. I would like this actioned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK, seeing as how the mod has instructed you to come here, I will notify a CMod now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

dudara wrote: »
    OK, seeing as how the mod has instructed you to come here, I will notify a CMod now.

Thanks.

Could a mod fix my terrible spelling in the title :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hi dpd
    I have been looking into this for you and discussing with the mod.
    Having reviewed your posts and talked to the mod, I'm not happy with your posting style.
    You are still derailing Trump threads with "what about barry", baiting posters, and generally not contributing to threads.
    PC is for light banter sure but this is gone beyond that stage.

Since you have just returned from a week's ban and some escalation is warranted since you are being banned for the same thing, I find a ban is still appropriate here.
    However I am going to reduce it to two weeks and ask again that you consider your posting style and what you are contributing to the forum so we don't end up back here again.

Is this acceptable or do you want an admin review?

thanks

Hi Bluewolf.

I would like a review, PC is light banter unless you are on the wrong side. I excused myself from the thread specifically posted before I was banned. The trail of the conversation was about Snowden, How can you not talk about the previous administration. I see the Anti trump side is getting away with deflection and the "what about" been keeping tabs on the thread. PC is getting like Twitter at this stage, Trumps Twitter is being censored by Twitter they are removing positive posts from the conversation so they don't easily show up. In PC seems the Thread should have been Called "Only negative trump comments".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi darkpagandeath, at the request of bluewolf, I've looked at your recent postings in the Politics Café.

First out, this ban is a cumulative action following your recent track record in the Café, not specifically your contributions to the Trump thread.

More specifically it's about your failure to change your posting style, despite multiple warnings. So you can drop the anti-Trump agenda spiel. It's a common theme in DRP/Prison to attribute blame to everything else rather than looking at your own contributions and how you contribute.

Bluntly put, your style of posting does not largely contribute to the discussion. You persist in the use of "Barry" & "Zap" which adds zero value to a conversation and actually only serves to irritate other posters. You have made some good contributions, I do acknowledge that. But the one-liner questions/comments need to stop.

I uphold bluewolf's recommendation to downgrade the ban to two weeks, and I really urge you to use the break to evaluate how you contribute. Otherwise we will be back here again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement