Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3FE Coffee

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Each to their own. Live close to 3FE and just don't get the hype. Spend a lot of time around the world drinking coffee and its average. Anyone tried SilverSkins Coffee? Now that's nice.

As you say, each to their own. I find Silverskins to be awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

I buy the kilo bag from Coffee Angel. Their Forza Gala blend which I find pretty good. Around the €23-28 mark

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

had 3fe subscription for a year, lovely coffee, now switched over to badger and dodo as recommended above, 1.25kg of coffee delivered last week, 39 euros, does me for a month. kg bag of the nefas is 30 euros and it's an excellent coffee. quickly became my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I'm thinking of starting a 6 month weekly subscription at €220 (250g) from Cloud Picker Coffee. Anyone using them? I like the idea of getting fresh coffee every week instead of every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Cloud Picker coffe is great, really underrated IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

I'm thinking of starting a 6 month weekly subscription at €220 (250g) from Cloud Picker Coffee. Anyone using them? I like the idea of getting fresh coffee every week instead of every month.

Oxmantown (on luas lines just off of Capel St) do Cloud Picker and are superb value for money I find. One of the only places I go to that serves 8oz and 10oz Americanos at same price? (2.8-3 quid I think)

One coffee I enjoy is The Barn roasters from Berlin. They sell bags in First Draft and a few others places. Quite pricey but awesome stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Utijogs

Great advice everyone! I'd no idea there were so many Irish roasters. Going to try Badger and Dodo first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭Bus Boy

Badger and Dodo sell good quality beans and they cost about 9 euro for 250g

Will try Badger and Dodo now. Thanks.

Well I tried Badger & Dodo's Guatemala: El Jade and Honduras: Beneficio Los Andes. Roasted and shipped out the same day. Pity I was out of beans as I'd have liked to wait 10 days before opening them. They were alright, had an odd 'foody' aroma (if that's even a word - it is now I suppose!). The El jade was the better of the two. BUT I think 3fe's Guat's were nicer. Going to try Coffee Angel's San Jacinto, Honduras to see how it measures up. Does anyone else have comparisons of 3fe / B&D / CoffeeAngel / Cloud Picker?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bailies the best bet. Free delivery with two 250g bags.

This is outstanding

https://www.bailiescoffee.com/collections/coffee-beans/products/kenya-ndimaini-aa-250g

Bought some El Jacinto from Coffee Angel. Haven't opened it yet but looking forward to it. I liked the packaging so much I put up a few pics! You normally just get a bag some some suppliers. Although those bags are seal-able and I'm not sure if the Coffee Angel bag in the pic is. Also found that the last Badger & Dodo batch with the 'foody' taste got much better on day 10. Proof that 'Day 10' truly is when you get the best out of roasted beans.

https://imgur.com/a/NFjof

PhQcrkD
    tVRxYOH
    mGmWiqP
    aoSuWgX
    qj1OyfE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Very pretty, though I do wonder if so much packaging is necessary from an environmental perspective tbh. (I have been making a real effort to cut down on the disposable takeaway cups lately so I'm am getting a bit sensitive to these things I guess :D) More importantly, let us know how it tastes! :)

Well the El Jacinto from Coffee Angel was OK but not great, certainly not as good as the beans I've had from 3fe or B&D. So I'm going back to Badger & Dodo for a 1kg bag of their lovely Guatemala El Jade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

3FE Xmas blend 2017, received this recently, 250g, haivng it from a French Press right now, lovely blend.

I also was recently gifted the 12 month tasting sub.

Mama Mina was the first one of those that arrived. Also very, very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

3FE Xmas blend 2017, received this recently, 250g, haivng it from a French Press right now, lovely blend.

I also was recently gifted the 12 month tasting sub.

Mama Mina was the first one of those that arrived. Also very, very good.

xmas blend is really nice

Stocked up on it for xmas

• Advertisement

I started to find it a bit boring tbh. The Mama Mina is a good bit better. Don't get me wrong, the Xmas blend is nice, but it's a bit too mildly flavoured.

I started to find it a bit boring tbh. The Mama Mina is a good bit better. Don't get me wrong, the Xmas blend is nice, but it's a bit too mildly flavoured.

They've a VOL 2 version now to change it up a bit :pac:

limnam wrote: »
    They've a VOL 2 version now to change it up a bit :pac:

lol, this just came today as the December installment of the Subscription. I've a big french press that I'll be bringing over to my folks on Xmas morning, so we can get stuck into it then. The bag won't last long.

Rwanda - Buf Nyarusiza
    Received this last week.

It's a nice coffee, gentle acidity. It's also kind of "warming" or something.

I'm enjoying this subscription, I have to say.

El Salvador - Finca Los Andes: Washed, Bourbon

Recieved this one a bit later than normal, due to the show delays.

But oh my god, it was so worth the wait, this is the best one I've received so far. Lovely sweet coffee, the caramel really comes through on the base layer of flavour.

Very smooth mouthfeel, it's like silk.

That's a double shot espresso Americano.

Will make some in a French press at the weekend.

If you like good coffee, get this!

• Advertisement

Didn't come as part of my lucky dip :mad::pac:

limnam wrote: »
    Didn't come as part of my lucky dip :mad::pac:

I have the Tasting sub, so a different thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

I have the Tasting sub, so a different thing.

What way are you brewing that El Salvador.

mad m wrote: »
    What way are you brewing that El Salvador.

Double shot Americano from an espresso machine, and in a french press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Double shot Americano from an espresso machine, and in a french press.

What weight of beans do you use in a shot?

Advertisement