If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55B6 or Samsung KS7000

Options
  • 12-02-2017 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking to buy a new TV in the next few weeks. The models I am currently looking at are the LG 55B6 & the Samsung KS7000.

I have heard that LG & OLED are not very reliable and break down quite a lot with 1 shop here in Cork refusing to sell OLEDs because of them breaking down within 2 years.
    With the Samsung KS7000, I have read the the bezel is glued on instead of screwed on which has led to the back peeling off.

I guess I am just looking for some advice on both of these models, they are on opposite ends of the scale as regarding price. Would the LG offer much more than the Samsung spec wise? Also, what has your experience been with OLED screens?
    I understand that you offer 6 year warranty, would you cover the issues above under your warranty?

Thanks in advance, 
    Laura

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am looking to buy a new TV in the next few weeks. The models I am currently looking at are the LG 55B6 & the Samsung KS7000.

I have heard that LG & OLED are not very reliable and break down quite a lot with 1 shop here in Cork refusing to sell OLEDs because of them breaking down within 2 years.
    With the Samsung KS7000, I have read the the bezel is glued on instead of screwed on which has led to the back peeling off.

I guess I am just looking for some advice on both of these models, they are on opposite ends of the scale as regarding price. Would the LG offer much more than the Samsung spec wise? Also, what has your experience been with OLED screens?
    I understand that you offer 6 year warranty, would you cover the issues above under your warranty?

Thanks in advance, 
    Laura
    Hi Laura,

many thanks for the post - I usually steer clear of the politics of disagreeing with any other retailers - however in our experience there is really no evidence whatsoever of unreliability in LG OLEDS - personally I have seen one OLED with an issue and it was a 65B6 - we have literally had two other B6 returned to us - but this is against 100's that we have sold in Belfast alone.

I am very happy to state that the LG OLEDS are to date probably the MOST reliable TV's we have ever sold! 

On the Samsung KS series bezel there were some cosmetic issues with the 60" in early production but thankfully this appears to have been resolved and we haven't had seen any issues since September.

On balance however in my opinion there is really no contest - the OLED delivers a far superior picture - the blacks are radically better ( pretty much better than ANYTHING else) and of course they look sooooo damn sexy its untrue! 

The obvious downside of course is that the OLED 55B6 is  significantly more expensive than the 55KS7000 :(

In terms of warranty - our 6 year warranty covers pretty much everything except accidental damage and it is an 'at home warranty' - ie if you have an issue an engineer will come out to you or we will arrange to have your TV collected anywhere in Ireland ( above 37") - you can check out the full T's and C's here:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/t-six-year.aspx

Thanks again and don't hesitate to drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.