Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When a cyclist is injured

Options
  • 13-02-2017 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

If the motorist is at fault:Motorists are bad, ban cars, more cycle lanes, blah bah blah, wah wah wah whinge cry.

If the cyclist is at fault:The threads here are for sympathy and "get well soon posts" only, any mentioning of how the cyclists undertook a bus is snipped out etc, and posts deleted.

So in other words ... motorist at fault, all guns blazing ... Cyclist at fault, let's not play the blame game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

dfeo wrote: »
    If the motorist is at fault:Motorists are bad, ban cars, more cycle lanes, blah bah blah, wah wah wah whinge cry.

If the cyclist is at fault:The threads here are for sympathy and "get well soon posts" only, any mentioning of how the cyclists undertook a bus is snipped out etc, and posts deleted.

So in other words ... motorist at fault, all guns blazing ... Cyclist at fault, let's not play the blame game.

Bad day to start a rant , have some heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Not looking forward to Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Commotion Ocean

eeguy wrote: »
    Not looking forward to Monday?

Not when I have to share the road with **** who just sail through a red light, then whinge when they get hit by a motorist with right of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Not when I have to share the road with **** who just sail through a red light, then whinge when they get hit by a motorist with right of way.

Put down the drink and go to bed, you'll feel like self righteous in the morning when your handover kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭secman

"It's be great if the traffic lights were all manned remotely with a machine gun, break a red light on a bike, bullet in your head."
    The above is a post in another thread by the OP.... says it all really.... wouldn't waste your time here , pointless especially today of all days. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

You should call in sick, put the heating on and have a Me day. You'll feel better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

I know making baseless accusations is all the rage now but it still makes you rather pitiful. There are plenty of instances on here of people calling out cyclists for bad behaviour. The fact is that arseholes in cars kill people. Arseholes on bikes generally just annoy people.

If I had my way there would be an emotional stability test to get a driving licence and people like you would not get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Discussion is good, it promotes awareness and understanding. Vitriolic rants are damaging and stupid. Take your pick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You'd come to troll here because you were rightly being shown up in the Garda traffic thread. Good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

......And he/she admits, in another thread, to having difficulty operating a mechanically propelled vehicle within the posted speed limits and assumes that everyone else has the same problem. Not really a suitable person to be permitted access to shared public roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,310 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Please remember the golden rule folks - DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

He'll now be taking a short break, so I'm closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement