Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get Netgear D7000 to work with Eir

Options
  • 13-02-2017 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all
    looking for some support - I have had terrible trouble with the Eir standard routers so i went out yesterday and spent a lot of money on a new router - after many hours of struggling with it i CANNOT get it to connect properly - the internet light just stays a constant orange colour / the DSL light is shining brightly however.

I have trawled the net and a few calls to Eir and im pretty sure i have all the settings right.

the last tip i got last night was the VLAN setting which i have now enabled but it has made absolutely no difference.  

has anyone any experience with this Router and Eir or any advice on something obvious that i am missing?

Many Thanks
    Bobby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

bobman1 wrote: »
    Hi all
    looking for some support - I have had terrible trouble with the Eir standard routers so i went out yesterday and spent a lot of money on a new router - after many hours of struggling with it i CANNOT get it to connect properly - the internet light just stays a constant orange colour / the DSL light is shining brightly however.

I have trawled the net and a few calls to Eir and im pretty sure i have all the settings right.

the last tip i got last night was the VLAN setting which i have now enabled but it has made absolutely no difference.  

has anyone any experience with this Router and Eir or any advice on something obvious that i am missing?

Many Thanks
    Bobby
    bobman1,
    have you made sure your new modem is configured to use VLAN 10 AND is also set to use IPOE.
    Was your previous modem from eir able to connect to the internet - if not you may have a port issue at the local exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bobman1

Hi BoycieIRL,
    Thanks for getting back to me
    yes i have set the VLAN this morning to 10 and it made no difference.  the other point you make though is news to me - Eir have told me and all the posts i have read that the setting should be "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PPPoE" - are you saying this info is wrong and i need to set it to "[/font]IPOE" ?
    and to answer your question yes the standard Eir modems connect fine ( im using it now) they are just really bad and unreliable.
    Thanks again
    Bobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi all

Many Thanks
    Bobby
    Hi  bobman1,

Are these the setting you are using?

You will need to ensure that it supports [font=Cambria, serif]PPPoE[/font] ([font=Cambria, serif]Point to[/font] [font=Cambria, serif]Point[/font] [font=Cambria, serif]over[/font] [font=Cambria, serif]Ethernet), and enter the correct settings shown below.[/font]

Username: eir@eir.ie
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Primary DNS: 159.134.0.1
    Secondary DNS: 159.134.0.2

There's also a support page on the eir.ie website here.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

I have the same issue here. Just got a D7000 and it doesn't connect.
    Synchronization is ok, but I have no Internet.

I spoke with tech-sup, they told me to use IPTV settings, cause I have a tv bundle.
    Didn't work.
    I used, ADSL-internet, ADSL-tv, VDSL.
    Nada..

Another question....
    You said "username: eir@eir.ie"
    My F2000, and the support, told me to use "eircom@eircom.net"

Which one is correct ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Wizard! wrote: »
    I have the same issue here. Just got a D7000 and it doesn't connect.
    Synchronization is ok, but I have no Internet.

I spoke with tech-sup, they told me to use IPTV settings, cause I have a tv bundle.
    Didn't work.
    I used, ADSL-internet, ADSL-tv, VDSL.
    Nada..

Another question....
    You said "username: eir@eir.ie"
    My F2000, and the support, told me to use "eircom@eircom.net"

Which one is correct ?

They likely both work and Eir are using the CSID for authentication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 V6DEC

Hi  bobman1,

Are these the setting you are using?

You will need to ensure that it supports [font=Cambria, serif]PPPoE[/font] ([font=Cambria, serif]Point to[/font] [font=Cambria, serif]Point[/font] [font=Cambria, serif]over[/font] [font=Cambria, serif]Ethernet), and enter the correct settings shown below.[/font]

Username: eir@eir.ie
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Primary DNS: 159.134.0.1
    Secondary DNS: 159.134.0.2

There's also a support page on the eir.ie website here.

-Pamela 

ADSL (non-efibre/ traditional broadband) will be PPP (always)
    VDSL (efibre) will be IPoE and VLAN 10... PPPoE will only work if you have a static IP address configured on your access account. IPoE is the default for VDSL/eFibre and will obtain a dynamic IP address

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bobman1

Thanks everyone i figured it out - it turns out i had the router set to ADSL and NOT to VDSL which is correct for a fibre connection.  its now working like a dream.  Thanks for all your support - cheers Bobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks everyone i figured it out - it turns out i had the router set to ADSL and NOT to VDSL which is correct for a fibre connection.  its now working like a dream.  Thanks for all your support - cheers Bobby
    Glad its working  bobman1, thanks for the update :D

-Pamela

Advertisement