Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What phone plan would work best for me?

Options
  • 13-02-2017 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Can anyone recommend a supplier/package that would work well for me? These are the criteria:

- I only want a SIM, not a phone

- I'd prefer a monthly prepay contract paid by direct debit rather than the bother of remembering to make sure I have sufficient funds for auto topups to work (though I could live with the latter if other aspects of the deal worked for me)

- I'm a very light user, as I mostly use wifi (probably not more than one or two calls or texts per day on average, and under 1GB of data per month)

- I travel overseas moderately regularly (maybe 8 times a year), mostly but not solely to UK. When there, I make a tiny number of calls (often none at all) but I do use a bit of data, so reasonable roaming rates would be useful.

One problem I face is that I live in a rural area which seems to limit services to those using the 3 network. In fact, there's a Vodaphone mast within sight, but the signal goes pretty much straight over the top of me.

The very small usage I make would probably work with a PAYG phone but these often involve making monthly payments where almost all of my credit simply expires unused at the end of the month which is rather frustrating.

At the moment, I have Lycamobile. It's not bad value, but when I visit the UK it sets up a local number for me. I don't actually want this, I'd rather the few calls I made went from my normal mobile number rather than one that expires a few days after I leave (ie I want normal roaming). The Lycamobile system is particularly annoying because every time I come back, Lycamobile send me a text every morning at 1am telling me that the temporary number will be expiring soon. I have rung them and tried to stop all this without success.

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement