Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rice Pouches

Options
  • 13-02-2017 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

I have tried quite a few of these and must say the best ones are Tilda, the rest seem to taste of plastic when you microwave them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

I know the pouches are easy to make in a microwave but IMO rice cooked in a rice cooker is so much nicer and doesn't take that much more effort/skill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

OREGATO wrote: »
    I know the pouches are easy to make in a microwave but IMO rice cooked in a rice cooker is so much nicer and doesn't take that much more effort/skill

I know but some of these have quite a nice mix apart from the rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

I agree, I wouldn't buy the plain rice pouches either, but we got loads of the brown rice and quinoa ones from Tilda when our nearest Tesco sold them for around 60 cent. They're very nice and sometimes I just can't be arsed to get the rice cooker out for a quick buddha bowl. I hate cooking quinoa anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

60c.... oh my gosh, that was a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

It was :D
    So strange how some Tescos reduce stuff to almost nothing and others never do...

• Advertisement
Advertisement