Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics Cafe: Banned For Calling Merkel Scum

Options
  • 13-02-2017 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭

Ah here the mods are getting beyond a joke in the café

I got a one day ban for simply using the word scum to describe Merkel

Banning reason was "Find a better way to express your displeasure other than calling people "Scum" "

My post
    http://www.dailymail.c...-migrants-leave.html

http://www.independent...merkel-a7561701.html

It's in dozens of other news agencies.

Not only that but she has the cheek to put pressure on certain regions to speed up deportations as they aren't working fast enough.

She's scum, utter scum and running scared of elections.

Lads I'm not being funny I'll take any infractions that are genuine but this is ridiculous, the site is gonna really go down the pan, funnily enough I described Juncker as a scumbag and it was fine

Mod has said via PM he will not overturn as what I said is "uncivil posting"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

admin note
    Posts removed.
    Remember if its made it to DRF then only the OP, cmod and admin team can post. All others are asked not to post unless expressly invited by the cmod or admin team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Hi any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The CMods have been notified. It's in their hands now, please give them some time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

dudara wrote: »
    The CMods have been notified. It's in their hands now, please give them some time

Ok thanks very much

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi Jurgen,

I'll look into this for you. Bearing in mind the late hour, it will probably be the morning before I can get in touch with the Cafe mods however from looking at that particular thread, I see in the mod warning in the first post that it says

"This is an important topic that needs to be discussed. However is must be held in a mature and balanced fashion , up to now some have struggled to keep to the straight and narrow on this.

So - Please use this thread to discuss the issue freely , but anyone stepping out of line as per the above can expect an immediate ban , there won't be in thread warnings or suggestions from here on out."

I wouldn't say referring to Merkel as "scum, utter scum" or Juncker as a "scumbag" would fall under the criteria of mature and balanced discussion. If it were another thread, it may well have earned you a card, however in that particular thread, there's a zero tolerance and it's bans only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response in over a month.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement