Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design tool

• 13-02-2017 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭

I need to design some forms/posters for some promotional work for a sports club.

What tools can I use for this? I've been playing with some freeware and online design sites but its extremely time consuming and as time is money, is there a commercial piece of software that would make my life a lot easier or a freebie that is "the one to use/re-use for small projects"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Time is money and unfortunately good design is time consuming.
    Are you committed to doing this yourself or do you potentially have budget to get help?

There are free trials available on commercial software, but your problem is probably lack of knowledge rather than lack of tools. GIMP is free for example, or you can get a 30 day trial of Photoshop or InDesign but you'll likely spend loads of time trying to figure out how to use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 rossi.

Adobe illustrator is king, expensive and the learning curve is steep for beginners.
    Corel Draw is just as good and far cheaper, learning curve is same...

that said, for fast and easy go for ArcSoft Print Creations, its freeware and works with templates.

Advertisement