Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Average wait times

• 13-02-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I'd like to take my driving test mid August, would I need to apply fairly soon? This'd be for probably Portlaoise but maybe Tullamore if anyone has an idea. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I waited around 23 weeks I think. I heard they were recruiting more testers but I'm not sure if that's nationally or not. You can always email the RSA and they can tell you the average waiting time for your area. I'd apply sooner rather than later, you can give them the dates you're not available anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

That's a good idea, I'll do that thanks.

• Site Banned Posts: 22 Chung Yong

They're talking about impounding your car now if you're caught driving alone on a learner permit. How about improving the fecking driving test system first! I applied for Tullamore in late September and I've still to receive a date for my test. Shambolic!

That's bloody ridiculous! I've emailed about Portlaoise. I'll update if and when I get a response in case anyone else is wondering.

Got a response. Average waiting time in Portlaoise is 21 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Got a response. Average waiting time in Portlaoise is 21 weeks.

Wow that's mad! Lots of time to practice I guess :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can you apply to do your test before you do your 12 training sessions? Just thinking of booking the test now, and do the lessons over the time before the test would be scheduled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Kiith wrote: »
    Can you apply to do your test before you do your 12 training sessions? Just thinking of booking the test now, and do the lessons over the time before the test would be scheduled.

Once you have your permit over 6 months you can apply for the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gatling wrote: »
    Once you have your permit over 6 months you can apply for the test

Guess i'll book it immediately in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Kiith wrote: »
    Guess i'll book it immediately in that case.

Just on the 12 lessons. You can apply for the test before you complete the 12 lessons but you won't get a date until you have completed them. So once you finish your last lesson and your instructor uploads it you'll go into the queue for a test date.

For me I got notification within a week or two after completing the last lesson that my test was scheduled for 2 months time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement