Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly Qualified Teacher (Secondary) - Need Advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Yep. Get the form filled and ask the school to stamp it etc.

Send it on to the TC. Don't forget you need to go 10 of 12 NIPT workshops too, with the child protection one being compulsory. You have 3 years to get it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

You probably have two conditions on your registration at the moment.
    Once you complete 300 teaching hours in a school, fill in that form and get your principal to sign it you can remove one of those conditions.
    The other condition will only be removed after you've completed your 10 NQT workshops.
    You should then be fully registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Great. Thanks guys. How do I go about doing the workshops? Does it have to be through a school or can I do it on my own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Great. Thanks guys. How do I go about doing the workshops? Does it have to be through a school or can I do it on my own?

No the workshops are usually held at your local education centre every few weeks. It has nothing to do with school.
    There may be one or two available online too.
    The link below will let you register and see a timetable of the workshops in your local centre.

http://www.teacherinduction.ie/en/supports/induction-programme

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Lovely. That clears everything up I think. Thanks very much for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement