Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportsworld Terenure 5 Mile - 14 May 2017

Options
  • 13-02-2017 3:31pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Last Years Thread
    Website
    Registration

The Terenure 5 mile will take place this year on Sunday 14th May at 11am.

Formerly known as the “Dublin 5 Mile Classic”, 2017 will be the races 33rd year.

The fast 2 lap course starts from Terenure College, Dublin 6w.

The race is run by the local Sportsworld Running Club. Check out previous threads for reviews of the race.

2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010.

The entry fee is €20 (+€1.40 admin fee)
    • Free Technical Race T-Shirt
    • Free Professional Race Photo’s on Internet after race
    • Free Post Race Refreshments
    • Race Number with Chip Timing
    • Race Pacers for 35, 40, 45 and 50 minutes
    • Numerous Spot Prizes
    • One of the flattest course around
    • Athletics Association Ireland (AAI) Certified race
    • Ideal Mini Marathon Preparation
    • Cash and Spot prizes

Course:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I plan to do this again this year, loved it last year. In fact just in from a run with lasts years t shirt which was top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Dub13 wrote: »
    I plan to do this again this year, loved it last year. In fact just in from a run with lasts years t shirt which was top class.

Cool - though doesn't look like there is a t-shirt this year.

Still - looks like it will be a good route. I'm in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There will be a T-shirt this year, though probably not a long sleeve this year.

adrian522 wrote: »
    There will be a T-shirt this year, though probably not a long sleeve this year.

Apologies - I just noticed now that you had mentioned it in your post. I had been reading the webpage, where they haven't mentioned the t-shirt. Either way, I'm still in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Cool - though doesn't look like there is a t-shirt this year.

Free t-shirt for first 1000, no? https://terenure5mile.com/runner-info/#toggle-id-5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Is the post-race water-station and fruit table in Terenure college on the pitch, or outside on the path?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

We are not using Terenure College this year so the post race water station will be on Fortfield Road just past the finish line. There is also an course water station this year at the Two sisters pub.

Our Lady's school will again host the post race refreshments and awards etc.

We are not using Terenure College this year so the post race water station will be on Fortfield Road just past the finish line. There is also an course water station this year at the Two sisters pub.

Our Lady's school will again host the post race refreshments and awards etc.

Apologies - I'm not familiar with Terenure. At what mile is the two sisters pub?

Thanks

It's around 2 miles in or so. It's probably not strictly necessary in a 5 mile race but there always the chance to get a really warm day in May so its been added in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Lovely just signed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

It's around 2 miles in or so. It's probably not strictly necessary in a 5 mile race but there always the chance to get a really warm day in May so its been added in.

I remember some people while running and afterwards giving out about the lack of a water station on the course last year so maybe no harm to include it.

I was a total novice last year and definitely would have stopped. This year, I'm no pro but I'll survive without it.

Last year's run was one of the most pleasant days of the year weather wise.Hopefully that isn't cursing this year's run!

Hi, Just giving this a bump as there is a little over 2 weeks to go. If you are planning to run and haven't yet entered please do so by the end of next week if you can as entries are likely to close sometime the week after.

We have a limit on entries and are approaching this number now.

Entry

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AlFoley

Looking forward to it. Always a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

I'm in now via the club. Still have marathon legs but hope to be good by race day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Signed up last night, first race after a marathon hope it's not to soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

I'd be coming from the Northside. What's the parking like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 McRuge

Hi,

Signed up to this and really enjoyed it last year. Any thoughts around best approach to training during the week before race? I'd love to go sub 30, pb is 30:30 on this course last year. Thought I might have done it in Raheny earlier this year but couldn't make the race in the end.

I'd be coming from the Northside. What's the parking like?

Hi, The parking situation is not great to be honest. There is some on street parking but with 1500+ runners it would make sense to get there early if you plan to use this.

There is no parking provided by the club. Given its Sunday there some free on street parking. If you can use public transport that would probably be better but I understand thats not possible for everyone.

McRuge wrote: »
    Hi,

Signed up to this and really enjoyed it last year. Any thoughts around best approach to training during the week before race? I'd love to go sub 30, pb is 30:30 on this course last year. Thought I might have done it in Raheny earlier this year but couldn't make the race in the end.

Best of luck on the sub 30 attempt. I guess less is more the week of the race. Maybe a decent session on Tuesday, then some easy running Wednesday/Thursday, rest day Friday and then some easy miles plus strides on Saturday.

That would be my thinking but it depends how much running/sessions you have been doing.

Maybe throw a post in the Random Running Questions thread and you should get some suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Hi, The parking situation is not great to be honest. There is some on street parking but with 1500+ runners it would make sense to get there early if you plan to use this.

There is no parking provided by the club. Given its Sunday there some free on street parking. If you can use public transport that would probably be better but I understand thats not possible for everyone.

Also coming from DNS, we've never had an issue finding on-street parking within a mile of the start, roads can be a bit crowded but if you get there early not a problem.

• Advertisement

annapr wrote: »
    Also coming from DNS, we've never had an issue finding on-street parking within a mile of the start, roads can be a bit crowded but if you get there early not a problem.

Does DNS stand for Da Nord Side?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 McRuge

McRuge wrote: »
    Hi,

Best of luck on the sub 30 attempt. I guess less is more the week of the race. Maybe a decent session on Tuesday, then some easy running Wednesday/Thursday, rest day Friday and then some easy miles plus strides on Saturday.

That would be my thinking but it depends how much running/sessions you have been doing.

Maybe throw a post in the Random Running Questions thread and you should get some suggestions.
    Cheers - never sure how to approach this distance

Reminder that numbers and T-Shirts can be collected from the Sportsworld clubhouse in Bushy Park at the following times:

Friday 12/05/17 – 7:00pm to 9:00pm
    Saturday 13/05/17 – 2.00pm to 5.00pm

On the morning of the race numbers and T-Shirts may be collected at Our Lady's School (Race HQ) from 9.00am to 10.30am.

Maps etc are on https://terenure5mile.com/contact/

Also don't forget to come back up to Our Lady's after the race for Tea/Coffee etc.

The race is on Sunday, entries are likely to close very soon so if you haven't entered please do so today. We have a lot of good stuff lined up for after the race so if you can head up to Our Ladys school afterwards for the reception and prize giving please do so!

The race is on Sunday, entries are likely to close very soon so if you haven't entered please do so today. We have a lot of good stuff lined up for after the race so if you can head up to Our Ladys school afterwards for the reception and prize giving please do so!

Sold out now. See you Sunday!

Sold out now. See you Sunday!

Adrian522 - I have entry to this race but can't take part due to injury. I'm not looking for a refund or anything, just wondering is there any way my entry could be passed on to someone who would use it. It's a waste of a number otherwise

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Nice t-shirt

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Adrian522 - I have entry to this race but can't take part due to injury. I'm not looking for a refund or anything, just wondering is there any way my entry could be passed on to someone who would use it. It's a waste of a number otherwise

Thanks

Hi, there are no transfers supported. We've sold an extra few entries in the expectation that a few won't show up .

Hi, there are no transfers supported. We've sold an extra few entries in the expectation that a few won't show up .

Ah okay so, well I'm a guaranteed no show anyway. Thanks for reply and have a good one !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Wottle

Super event, well done Sportsworld, great atmosphere and loved the drums and grub after, 5 stars.

Advertisement