Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Ipad Mini

Options
  • 13-02-2017 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have an old Ipad Mini 1. I have recently upgraded to a Mini 4. I'm thinking of wiping the old unit and using it as a music player and Netflix viewer. I tend to spend a good bit of time away from wifi during the summer so I want to be able to save Netflix movies and series and watch them offline. This shouldn't be an issue as this feature was added recently. Then I want to save a few Gigabytes of music from Spotify for offline listening. I have a premium account so this shouldn't be an issue.
    The idea is then to use a Bluetooth speaker for playback. Am I likely to have any issues with this?
    I may also pick up a wireless broadband router also to give an option of wifi but I'm not sure it would allow streaming.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Donie75 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have an old Ipad Mini 1. I have recently upgraded to a Mini 4. I'm thinking of wiping the old unit and using it as a music player and Netflix viewer. I tend to spend a good bit of time away from wifi during the summer so I want to be able to save Netflix movies and series and watch them offline. This shouldn't be an issue as this feature was added recently. Then I want to save a few Gigabytes of music from Spotify for offline listening. I have a premium account so this shouldn't be an issue.
    The idea is then to use a Bluetooth speaker for playback. Am I likely to have any issues with this?
    I may also pick up a wireless broadband router also to give an option of wifi but I'm not sure it would allow streaming.

It will allow streaming. I pull 60-100GB's a month watching Netflix and listening to Internet radio or Spotify on a tidy little battery powered Netgear 4G/LTE wireless access point from a number of different Apple devices with absolutely no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Both Netflix and Spotify will require you to check in on Wifi regularly in order to validate your account and synchronise play counts. I think its every 30 days.

Advertisement