Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Fluence service

• 13-02-2017 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭

Where did you get the Car serviced?

I have a 12 Fluence DCI. Its out of warranty at the end of March.
    There is 145k (km) on the Clock, and the timing belt / water pump will need to be done (before 160k)

Prices quotes are
    Belgard €399 (TB & W. Pump) and Full service 299 = €700 plus Vat = €791.00
    Joe Mallon €650 & €300 = €950+vat = €1073.50
    Linders - waiting for a quote?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from an old thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Don't Renault do a menu price on the 1.5dci belt in any car for €599?

€300 is about right for oil, air, fuel from a main dealer. The OEM fuel filter is around €85 on its own.

Obviously if it's out of warranty soon, you can look at shopping indy workshops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

€399 sounds too cheap for genuine belt kit and water pump so you might want to double check that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If you're getting quotes from Belgard might be worth checking out timingbelts.ie just around the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

€399 sounds too cheap for genuine belt kit and water pump so you might want to double check that.

Thanks

I presume the Renault Garage is going to be offering and using Renault parts - here is the link
    http://www.renaultbelgard.ie/web/timing-belt-motor-replacement-inc-service-form/

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    If you're getting quotes from Belgard might be worth checking out timingbelts.ie just around the corner.

Thanks for replying- as the Car is out of Warranty, I wanted to get the "final" service done in a Renault garage to get software updates and ensure everything is "OK".
    The next service - I will probably go to my local and trusted guy that normally does my previous cars (wife's etc)

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Where did you get the Car serviced?

I have a 12 Fluence DCI. Its out of warranty at the end of March.
    There is 145k (km) on the Clock, and the timing belt / water pump will need to be done (before 160k)

Prices quotes are
    Belgard €399 (TB & W. Pump) and Full service 299 = €700 plus Vat = €791.00
    Joe Mallon €650 & €300 = €950+vat = €1073.50
    Linders - waiting for a quote?

Thanks for all the replies:
    Linders Chapelizod have come back with a similar price to Renault Belgard.
    Chapelizod is an easier drop-off for me.

Any recommendations for either?
    This is my first Renault (purchased in Nissan Liffey Valley last March), so have no relevant experience of Renault servicing.

Online quote is €340 incl vat - which is fairly competitive.

Online quote is €340 incl vat - which is fairly competitive.

Advertisement